bb dimensions

geepeetee

Guest
Hi

Can anyone enlighten me as to the vital dimensions of sealed bottom
brackets. I have seen 110/115 etc is this the overall length of the
spindle?

What about 69/73 what does this refer to?

Also what else should i know

thanks

Gary

geepeetee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone enlighten me as to the vital dimensions of sealed bottom
> brackets. I have seen 110/115 etc is this the overall length of the
> spindle?

Correct.

> What about 69/73 what does this refer to?

That's usually 68/73. It's the frame shell width. See
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html . Also note of info on thread
direction there.

> Also what else should i know

Spindle type or taper dimensions must be compatibile with cranks. For
square taper (traditional as opposed to splined) types, your safe using
the same brand of BB as cranks. Doesn't matter about the model as long as
type and spindle length is correct.

~PB