bb dimensions

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by geepeetee, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Hi

    Can anyone enlighten me as to the vital dimensions of sealed bottom
    brackets. I have seen 110/115 etc is this the overall length of the
    spindle?

    What about 69/73 what does this refer to?

    Also what else should i know

    thanks

    Gary

    Tags:

  2. John

    John Guest

    "geepeetee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone enlighten me as to the vital dimensions of sealed bottom
    > brackets. I have seen 110/115 etc is this the overall length of the
    > spindle?
    >
    > What about 69/73 what does this refer to?
    >
    > Also what else should i know
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Gary

    Hi, this may help you;
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html

    John

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    geepeetee wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone enlighten me as to the vital dimensions of sealed bottom
    > brackets. I have seen 110/115 etc is this the overall length of the
    > spindle?

    Correct.

    > What about 69/73 what does this refer to?

    That's usually 68/73. It's the frame shell width. See
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html . Also note of info on thread
    direction there.

    > Also what else should i know

    Spindle type or taper dimensions must be compatibile with cranks. For
    square taper (traditional as opposed to splined) types, your safe using
    the same brand of BB as cranks. Doesn't matter about the model as long as
    type and spindle length is correct.

    ~PB