BB question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary In Va, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    I trying to install a 105 crankset on my cross frame. The recommended bb for this crankset is a
    68/109. I installed one that size and the big ring comes into contact with the chainstay. This is a
    splined bb/crank. I see that the road splined bbs are all about this size. Will the XTR bb fit this
    crankset so I could get maybe a 116 spacing?

    Gary in VA

    Tags:

  2. Gary in VA wrote:
    > I trying to install a 105 crankset on my cross frame. The recommended bb for this crankset is a
    > 68/109. I installed one that size and the big ring comes into contact with the chainstay. This is
    > a splined bb/crank. I see that the road splined bbs are all about this size. Will the XTR bb fit
    > this crankset so I could get maybe a 116 spacing?

    Yes, that will work. Something cheaper that might also work would be to put a spacer washer or two
    under the right side bottom bracket retaining ring.

    | Silence is not always a sign of wisdom | but babbling is ever a mark of folly. | -- Benjamin
    | Franklin |
    +--------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  3. gary-<< I trying to install a 105 crankset on my cross frame. The recommended bb for this crankset
    is a 68/109. I installed one that size and the big ring comes into contact with the chainstay.

    Not uncommon-try a XTR of 113 or 116mm or a 118mm triple BB-