BB thread type for Miyata 912?

Claes

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
I know that is should perhaps ask the q in another section of the forum but bear with me.

I have an old miyata 912 in Sweden, and it sort of looks really good for a fixie. Only, I have found single cranks with BB for a good price, and I do not know what bb thread they use. Any ideas? Good guesses are ok too. :)

It is a antracit grey metallic bike. Triple butted and splined main tubes. Stiff for a cheapo steel bike. The rear hub from FD will fit fine on it. :)

Cheers,

Claes wrote:
> I know that is should perhaps ask the q in another section of the forum
> but bear with me.
>
> I have an old miyata 912 in Sweden, and it sort of looks really good
> for a fixie. Only, I have found single cranks with BB for a good price,
> and I do not know what bb thread they use. Any ideas? Good guesses are
> ok too. :)
>
> It is a antracit grey metallic bike. Triple butted and splined main
> tubes. Stiff for a cheapo steel bike. The rear hub from FD will fit
> fine on it. :)
>
> Cheers,

Don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain it's English.

--
Nick

NoZX6R said:
Claes wrote:
> I know that is should perhaps ask the q in another section of the forum
> but bear with me.
>
> I have an old miyata 912 in Sweden, and it sort of looks really good
> for a fixie. Only, I have found single cranks with BB for a good price,
> and I do not know what bb thread they use. Any ideas? Good guesses are
> ok too. :)
>
> It is a antracit grey metallic bike. Triple butted and splined main
> tubes. Stiff for a cheapo steel bike. The rear hub from FD will fit
> fine on it. :)
>
> Cheers,

Don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain it's English.

--
Nick
Thanx a million, any help is valuable. :)

Claes said:
I know that is should perhaps ask the q in another section of the forum but bear with me.

I have an old miyata 912 in Sweden, and it sort of looks really good for a fixie. Only, I have found single cranks with BB for a good price, and I do not know what bb thread they use. Any ideas? Good guesses are ok too. :)

It is a antracit grey metallic bike. Triple butted and splined main tubes. Stiff for a cheapo steel bike. The rear hub from FD will fit fine on it. :)

Cheers,

I have a Miyata 310 (lower model to your 912) from about mid 1980s. It uses a 68mm BB and is English.

Koon

Thanx a million all of you. You have convinced me. :)
I also found another source on the interweb that claims
english thread. Problem gone, gotta love these forums, or rather
the people in the forums.