BB thread type for Miyata 912?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Claes, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    I know that is should perhaps ask the q in another section of the forum but bear with me.

    I have an old miyata 912 in Sweden, and it sort of looks really good for a fixie. Only, I have found single cranks with BB for a good price, and I do not know what bb thread they use. Any ideas? Good guesses are ok too. :)

    It is a antracit grey metallic bike. Triple butted and splined main tubes. Stiff for a cheapo steel bike. The rear hub from FD will fit fine on it. :)

    Cheers,

  2. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    Claes wrote:
    > I know that is should perhaps ask the q in another section of the forum
    > but bear with me.
    >
    > I have an old miyata 912 in Sweden, and it sort of looks really good
    > for a fixie. Only, I have found single cranks with BB for a good price,
    > and I do not know what bb thread they use. Any ideas? Good guesses are
    > ok too. :)
    >
    > It is a antracit grey metallic bike. Triple butted and splined main
    > tubes. Stiff for a cheapo steel bike. The rear hub from FD will fit
    > fine on it. :)
    >
    > Cheers,

    Don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain it's English.

    --
    Nick

  3. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Thanx a million, any help is valuable. :)

  4. Timofey

    Timofey Guest

  5. Koon Yong

    Koon Yong New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    I have a Miyata 310 (lower model to your 912) from about mid 1980s. It uses a 68mm BB and is English.

    Koon

  6. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Thanx a million all of you. You have convinced me. :)
    I also found another source on the interweb that claims
    english thread. Problem gone, gotta love these forums, or rather
    the people in the forums.