BB30 Adapter for FSA Crankset

yanksfan77

Dec 17, 2009
Just bought a new Scott CR1 and was told by my LBS that my FSA SL-K Light crankset will not work on it. The Scott uses BB30 and the FSA is mega EXO, but I was told there is an adapter which will allow me to use the FSA crank on BB30. Should I use the adapter and the FSA crank or go for a BB30 crankset i.e.. shimano or sram???

Isn't that frame designed to work with the Shimano cranks? I thought the integrated bearings were designed especially for them. I don't think they're a BB30 size though. Similar... but not the same.

I almost bought a CR1 SL a couple of weeks ago and read something about that in the literature.

swampy1970 said:
Isn't that frame designed to work with the Shimano cranks? I thought the integrated bearings were designed especially for them. I don't think they're a BB30 size though. Similar... but not the same.

I almost bought a CR1 SL a couple of weeks ago and read something about that in the literature.

The Bottom Bracket is listed on Scott's website as Integrated Shimano Dura-Ace SMI-FC 7800, and my LBS said it was a BB30. I have no problem using Shimano Cranks as I just bought an Ultegra grouppo, minus the crankset. I had the FSA crank but don't have a problem using the Shimano.

yanksfan77 said:
The Bottom Bracket is listed on Scott's website as Integrated Shimano Dura-Ace SMI-FC 7800, and my LBS said it was a BB30. I have no problem using Shimano Cranks as I just bought an Ultegra grouppo, minus the crankset. I had the FSA crank but don't have a problem using the Shimano.
FYI. The MegaExo & Hollowtech II cranks both have 25mm spindles ... so, they are interchangeable ... you should be able to mount your FSA crank in the frame's Dura Ace bearings.

yanksfan77 said:
Just bought a new Scott CR1 and was told by my LBS that my FSA SL-K Light crankset will not work on it. The Scott uses BB30 and the FSA is mega EXO, but I was told there is an adapter which will allow me to use the FSA crank on BB30. Should I use the adapter and the FSA crank or go for a BB30 crankset i.e.. shimano or sram???

Use the adapter, much cheaper than a new crank. Wheels Manufacturing makes a nice one. BTW, shimano doesn't yet make a BB30 crank.