BB5 brakes - comments?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Gwood, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Gwood

    Gwood Guest

    Looking at going disc soon, would prefer mechanicals. Anybody using these ?
    Interested in stopping power and adjustability in particular.

    Tnx
    Gary

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Lane

    Jeff Lane Guest

    Why mechanical I wonder. I have had excellent use from my hydraulic system.
    I have a coda system.

    "Gwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Looking at going disc soon, would prefer mechanicals. Anybody using these
    > ?
    > Interested in stopping power and adjustability in particular.
    >
    > Tnx
    > Gary

  3. JoelM

    JoelM New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2004
    Mechanical=easy to maintain. I spent some time at my shop the other day helping a couple of the bike mechs setup some hydro discs. More trouble than what I want to mess with.

  4. DJ

    DJ Guest

    I have Avid mechs on my bike. Easy ajustment without the need for tools and
    great stopping power. I read the reviews on MBR to see what other think.
    Hydros give a more gradual stop apparently but the hastle that goes with
    them need to make them superior in every way and I do not think they are.

    DJ
    "JoelM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Mechanical=easy to maintain. I spent some time at my shop the other day
    > helping a couple of the bike mechs setup some hydro discs. More trouble
    > than what I want to mess with.
    >

    > Jeff Lane Wrote:
    >> Why mechanical I wonder. I have had excellent use from my hydraulic
    >> system.
    >> I have a coda system.
    >>

    >> "Gwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > Looking at going disc soon, would prefer mechanicals. Anybody using

    >> these
    >> > ?
    >> > Interested in stopping power and adjustability in particular.
    >> >
    >> > Tnx
    >> > Gary

    >> News==----
    >> 'http://www.newsfeeds.com' (http://www.newsfeeds.com/) The #1 Newsgroup
    >> Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    >> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    > --
    > JoelM

  5. Gwood

    Gwood Guest

    Thanks. Sadly, can no longer get to MTBR from the office since big brother
    has shut down "recreational connections".

    My first impressions of the BB5 were that they sacrificed the easy
    adjustment controls to lower costs. Wondering if any users of the brakes
    have a comment on that ?

    news:4180e53f$0$3832$8[email protected]