BBC Breakfast TV - Helmets

Simon Brooke [email protected] opined the following...
> > It remind sme of the US Anti-defamation League
> > boycotting David Icke for saying some world-leaders turn
> > into lizards.

Not "turn into". Are lizards in disguise.

> > Because it was an 'anti-semitic' statement.
>
> Come again? How did they work _that_ one out?
>
> Although, come to think of it, perhaps he and they deserve
> one another.

The best story I heard regarding David Icke was from Canada.
It was suggested to the Canadian Premier that he should turn
down a visa application by Mr Icke on the grounds that he
(Icke) was going to accuse the Canadian Premier of being a
lizard alien in disguise. The premier's response went
something like:

"I have enough faith in the intelligence of my people to
allow them to listen to this man and not be concerned."

A quick google didn't reveal the actual quote. Does anyone
have a record of it?

Jon

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Brooke [email protected] opined the following...
> > > It remind sme of the US Anti-defamation League
> > > boycotting David Icke for saying some world-leaders
> > > turn into lizards.
>
> Not "turn into". Are lizards in disguise.
>
> > > Because it was an 'anti-semitic' statement.
> >
> > Come again? How did they work _that_ one out?
> >
> > Although, come to think of it, perhaps he and they
> > deserve one another.
>
> The best story I heard regarding David Icke was from
> Canada. It was suggested to the Canadian Premier that he
> should turn down a visa application by Mr Icke on the
> grounds that he (Icke) was going to accuse the Canadian
> Premier of being a lizard alien in disguise. The premier's
> response went something like:
>
> "I have enough faith in the intelligence of my people to
> allow them to listen to this man and not be concerned."
>
> A quick google didn't reveal the actual quote. Does anyone
> have a record of it?
>
> Jon

There's this which may be related, although with no
actual quote.

Looks like he's in good, or bad, company.

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,6761,4579-
88,00.html

The Canadian hate crimes unit had been alerted. So had the
media. The coalition had also written to the former Canadian
prime minister, Brian Mulroney, to inform him that David
Icke was accusing him of being a reptilian, child-
sacrificing paedophile. But so far, to the coalition's
bafflement, Mulroney had declined to initiate legal action.
Indeed, every individual accused of reptilian paedophilia by
David Icke had so far failed to sue, including Bob Hope,
George Bush, George Bush Jr, Ted Heath, the Rothschild
family, Boxcar Willie, the Queen of England, the Queen
Mother, Prince Philip, Kris Kristofferson, Al Gore and the
steering committee of the Bilderberg Group.

------------

Curious

Jon Senior wrote:

> I have little time for Paxman, I much prefer the old
> vanguard of the Today Program

John Timpson and Brian Redhead, the A-Team!

--
Guy
posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? [email protected] opined
the following...
> John Timpson and Brian Redhead, the A-Team!

I was brought up to the sound of Brian Redhead taking
politicians to pieces every morning. I hold the today
programme responsible for 50% of my cynicism. (I blame the
other 50% on my family!)

Jon

audrey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:04:59 +0100, Al C-F <aloysiu-
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:42:41 +0100, audrey
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Breakfast TV in our house is of the CBeebies variety.
> >>Helmet propoganda still going strong on Tikabilla
> >>

> >I've been looking for a semicircle of paper to wear.
>
> I'm still looking for my invisible helmet, I know I left
> it round here somewhere ...

This morning, the presenter managed her imaginary cycle ride
without her imaginary helmet. Shock. Horror.

Aloysius wrote:
> audrey <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:04:59 +0100, Al C-F <aloysiu-
>> [email protected]> wrote:

>>> I've been looking for a semicircle of paper to wear.
>>
>> I'm still looking for my invisible helmet, I know I left
>> it round here somewhere ...
>
> This morning, the presenter managed her imaginary cycle
> ride without her imaginary helmet. Shock. Horror.

I imagine she died.

Tony ;-)