BBC wants stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:49:15 +0900, James Annan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Somehow I think they would much rather hear about a few scare stories rather than the
> >overwhelming majority of uneventful trips.
>
> I'd bet a fiver on it, except I haven't got a fiver because there was duty and VAT due on my
> parcel from the USA this morning.

Is this why your manifesto includes zero duty and vat on bike bits?

cheers, clive

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:52:17 -0000, "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I'd bet a fiver on it, except I haven't got a fiver because there was duty and VAT due on my
>> parcel from the USA this morning.

>Is this why your manifesto includes zero duty and vat on bike bits?

Heh! I wrote it before the parcel arrived - it's mostly because I can't afford a Bike Friday
tandem :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

Jeremy Parker <[email protected]> wrote:

> I suppose that it will cost about as much to scrub off all the bike lane paint as it did to put it
> down in the first place, but it will be worth every penny.

It won't cost that much , they will wear away and there won't be a budget to replace them.

--
Marc T Shirts, Sweatshirts, polo shirts, banners, signs,decals, stickers etc for clubs and
associations of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

> > I suppose that it will cost about as much to scrub off all the bike lane paint as it did to put
> > it down in the first place, but it will be worth every penny.
>
> It won't cost that much , they will wear away and there won't be a budget to replace them.
>
I regret it doesn't work that way. I've seen the situation in the USA where bike alnes were
invented, and have been around longer. It takes about twenty years for the lane to vanish.

The coloured paint does fade more quickly, though, and usually people forget to reinstall a bike
lane if the road is resurfaced.

Jeremy Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.