BBC1 TV Tonight @ 8pm

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bob Muir, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Bob Muir

    Bob Muir Guest

    Hi, on BBC1 tonight at 8pm "UK's Worst ..... High Streets?" including a bit about how long it takes
    for a bike to be stolen in four locations around the country.

    Bob.

    > Hi, on BBC1 tonight at 8pm "UK's Worst ..... High Streets?" including a bit about how long it
    > takes for a bike to be stolen in four locations around the country.

    Drifting slightly I saw some programme about traffic cops last night. In one incident a car managed
    to leave the road and "fly" into a forested valley missing various trees, amazingly the occupants
    walked away injury-free. Anyway, the police closed the road. As the narrator mentioned this a
    cyclist (roadie by the look of him) cycled along this closed road looking a bit bemused. The
    narrator added, "Almost."

    Colin

  3. W K

    W K Guest

    > > Hi, on BBC1 tonight at 8pm "UK's Worst ..... High Streets?" including a bit about how long it
    > > takes for a bike to be stolen in four locations around the country.
    >
    > Drifting slightly I saw some programme about traffic cops last night. In one incident a car
    > managed to leave the road and "fly" into a forested valley missing various trees, amazingly the
    > occupants walked away injury-free.

    Cars are very good, also its good to be relaxed on impact, which is easy if you are asleep and on
    methadone.

    >Anyway, the police closed the road. As the narrator mentioned this a cyclist (roadie by the look of
    >him) cycled along this closed road looking a bit bemused. The narrator added, "Almost."

    Which is an arsehole's trick if its over the scene/evidence of a fatal accident investigation. Seen
    that one ... a bloke on a cannondale.

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Drifting slightly I saw some programme about traffic cops last night. In one incident a car
    > managed to leave the road and "fly" into a forested valley missing various trees, amazingly the
    > occupants walked away injury-free.

    Missing the trees may have had something to do with it.

    --
    Dave...

  5. In article <[email protected]>, dkahn400 @yahoo.co.uk says...
    > Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    > > Drifting slightly I saw some programme about traffic cops last night. In one incident a car
    > > managed to leave the road and "fly" into a forested valley missing various trees, amazingly the
    > > occupants walked away injury-free.
    >
    > Missing the trees may have had something to do with it.

    That was the amazement.

    Colin

  6. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Drifting slightly I saw some programme about traffic cops last night. In one incident a car
    > > managed to leave the road and "fly" into a forested valley missing various trees, amazingly the
    > > occupants walked away injury-free.
    >
    > Missing the trees may have had something to do with it.

    Hitting the smaller branches but not the larger ones or the trunks more like!!

  7. "Bob Muir" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Hi, on BBC1 tonight at 8pm "UK's Worst ..... High Streets?" including a bit about how long it
    > takes for a bike to be stolen in four locations around the country.

    Interestingly, the bike was NOT locked! I mean if someone just leaves a bike unlocked then they
    DESERVE to loose it!

  8. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Interestingly, the bike was NOT locked! I mean if someone just leaves a bike unlocked then they
    > DESERVE to loose it!

    I walk around without any weapons. Do I DESERVE to get mugged?

    --
    Dave...

  9. Adrian Boliston <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"Bob Muir" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>Hi, on BBC1 tonight at 8pm "UK's Worst ..... High Streets?" including a bit about how long it
    >>takes for a bike to be stolen in four locations around the country.
    >Interestingly, the bike was NOT locked! I mean if someone just leaves a bike unlocked then they
    >DESERVE to loose it!

    Why?

    They should _expect_ to lose it. That doesn't mean they _deserve_ to.

  10. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<6Sp*[email protected]>...

    > They should _expect_ to lose it. That doesn't mean they _deserve_ to.

    That was the point I was trying to make when the backwards Boyle offered to mug me. :)

    --
    Dave...

  11. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

  12. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

  13. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<6Sp*[email protected]>...

    > > They should _expect_ to lose it. That doesn't mean they _deserve_ to.
    >
    > That was the point I was trying to make when the backwards Boyle offered to mug me. :)

    I was just confused about what weapons had to do with it?! If you've got weapons, you should use
    them against the muggers?

    Finally, i'm backwards Boyle, but i'd prefer 'slow' as the description next time ;)

    Nick