BBN/HCC Yarra Boule TT report

On Jun 4, 8:20 pm, PiledHigher <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bleve,
>
> Do you know what the session marked VIS/BBN is?

No. If it's Friday nights, it's Simon Quick's people, I think.

Bleve said:
warmup, some sprint stuff, a 'kieren', a 50 lap 'take a lap when you
can' ride, and a warmdown, is
what we did this sunday.
You can, within reason do your own thing if you have your own plan, or
you can mix it in with the rest - I do a bit of both.

cooorr nice... I want in... but I'm still 6 months off my masters 1 license.

lama

On Jun 4, 6:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 4, 12:15 pm, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > We won our class - first tandem (also, last tandem and only
> > tandem ...).

> Hi Bleve, I raced a tandem at the Steels Creek TT on the same day and
> my mates raced another, we got 3rd and 4th for the 16km course (http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_7k/vic6_07.html). Next event is a
> team time trial, fancy 3 tandems in a team...?

you're insane!

more details please ... :)

On Jun 5, 7:16 am, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 4, 6:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > On Jun 4, 12:15 pm, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > We won our class - first tandem (also, last tandem and only
> > > tandem ...).

> > Hi Bleve, I raced a tandem at the Steels Creek TT on the same day and
> > my mates raced another, we got 3rd and 4th for the 16km course (http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_7k/vic6_07.html). Next event is a
> > team time trial, fancy 3 tandems in a team...?

> you're insane!
>
> more details please ... :)

Lancefield TTT - 8th July, 9am, 30km or 60km, teams of 1-4

Course map, http://www.atta.asn.au/maps/vicmaps/vic_maps.html#lfield

$7 entry, including day membership

see, http://www.atta.asn.au/

Bleve said:
On Jun 4, 3:45 pm, warrwych <warrwych.2rn...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:

> > Isn't it a disgrace, how little it gets used? Track riders are a
> > bunch of sooks and whingers!

> can you quantify "how little", cos I am really curious as to what
> constitutes "enough" in your terms. It gets used every night of the
> week for racing and/or training, plus regular gigs Saturdays & Sunday
> mornings. I would have thought that reasonable for a minority subset
> of a minority sport.

They're easy to smoke out, too :)

yep.. that answers the question ;-)

so I gather your still not a trackie??? You're doing a lot of sooking, for a roadie, about how little the track gets used ;-P

JayWoo said:
Spose I was coming more from a cyclist perspective. I've found it not only buckets of fun, but a great way to mix up my training. Last winter on any given Sunday Masters training sesh, there was anywhere between 2 to 10 with the norm being 6ish. I guess me thinking it great doesn't mean others do. As I said, best kept secret:D
Though I do think the time table is a bit whack too with all the "DISC AVAILABLE FOR CONTRACTED HIRE" over the weekend. Most people work during the week and I would have thought find it hard to use it during the 9-5 week day "CASUAL USERS" block.

http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/DISC/DISCavailabilty.htm

It is a great resource Jaywoo, but if an assessment of use is based on Sunday morning use only, then that's a very limited perspective. Contracted hire means groups, not individual users. Get a group together and you can hire it. Southern Vets recently did that on a Sunday evening. It's open to all users.

"gplama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bleve Wrote:
>>
>> warmup, some sprint stuff, a 'kieren', a 50 lap 'take a lap when you
>> can' ride, and a warmdown, is
>> what we did this sunday.
>> You can, within reason do your own thing if you have your own plan, or
>> you can mix it in with the rest - I do a bit of both.

> cooorr nice... I want in... but I'm still 6 months off my masters 1
> license.

Well young fella' - you better respect your elders for a bit longer then
before rocking up!!

I thought you were against bikes with fixed wheels anyway??

Gags

Gags said:
Well young fella' - you better respect your elders for a bit longer then
before rocking up!!

I thought you were against bikes with fixed wheels anyway??

Gags

Six months of training up my hams to unleash massive poooowarrrr on the boards! heheh I'm only against fixed because I don't own one.... the wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

On Jun 5, 8:17 pm, gplama <gplama.2rp...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Gags Wrote:
>

> > Well young fella' - you better respect your elders for a bit longer
> > then
> > before rocking up!!

> > I thought you were against bikes with fixed wheels anyway??

> > Gags

> Six months of training up my hams to unleash massive poooowarrrr on the
> boards! heheh I'm only against fixed because I don't own one.... the
> wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

Some clubs have bikes you can borrow. And, you can hire bikes from
DISC if necessary too.

And old steel clunker track bikes are around $500 or so.

gplama said:
Six months of training up my hams to unleash massive poooowarrrr on the boards! heheh I'm only against fixed because I don't own one.... the wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)
You forgot to post the link to all your bike gear for sale on ebay . . . ;)

gplama said:
.... the wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

Rockin'! We may have to hold hands and fling each other around DISC in Feb:D

On Jun 7, 12:16 pm, JayWoo <JayWoo.2rs...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> gplama Wrote:
>
> > .... the wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

> Rockin'! We may have to hold hands and fling each other around DISC in
> Feb:D

Do the BBN Aust-day madison first :) See if you can beat these two :

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20070126-aust-day-madison/IMGP1168.html

Or these two :

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20070126-aust-day-madison/IMGP1474.html

Careful though, you may end up like this :

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20070126-aust-day-madison/IMGP1479.html