BBN/HCC Yarra Boule TT report

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Bleve, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    On Jun 4, 8:20 pm, PiledHigher <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Bleve,
    >
    > Do you know what the session marked VIS/BBN is?

    No. If it's Friday nights, it's Simon Quick's people, I think.

  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    cooorr nice... I want in... but I'm still 6 months off my masters 1 license.

    lama

  3. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    On Jun 4, 6:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    > On Jun 4, 12:15 pm, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > We won our class - first tandem (also, last tandem and only
    > > tandem ...).

    > Hi Bleve, I raced a tandem at the Steels Creek TT on the same day and
    > my mates raced another, we got 3rd and 4th for the 16km course (http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_7k/vic6_07.html). Next event is a
    > team time trial, fancy 3 tandems in a team...?

    you're insane!

    more details please ... :)

  4. On Jun 5, 7:16 am, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Jun 4, 6:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 4, 12:15 pm, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > We won our class - first tandem (also, last tandem and only
    > > > tandem ...).

    > > Hi Bleve, I raced a tandem at the Steels Creek TT on the same day and
    > > my mates raced another, we got 3rd and 4th for the 16km course (http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_7k/vic6_07.html). Next event is a
    > > team time trial, fancy 3 tandems in a team...?

    > you're insane!
    >
    > more details please ... :)

    Lancefield TTT - 8th July, 9am, 30km or 60km, teams of 1-4

    Course map, http://www.atta.asn.au/maps/vicmaps/vic_maps.html#lfield

    $7 entry, including day membership

    see, http://www.atta.asn.au/

  5. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    yep.. that answers the question ;-)

    so I gather your still not a trackie??? You're doing a lot of sooking, for a roadie, about how little the track gets used ;-P

  6. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009

    It is a great resource Jaywoo, but if an assessment of use is based on Sunday morning use only, then that's a very limited perspective. Contracted hire means groups, not individual users. Get a group together and you can hire it. Southern Vets recently did that on a Sunday evening. It's open to all users.

  7. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "gplama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Bleve Wrote:
    >>
    >> warmup, some sprint stuff, a 'kieren', a 50 lap 'take a lap when you
    >> can' ride, and a warmdown, is
    >> what we did this sunday.
    >> You can, within reason do your own thing if you have your own plan, or
    >> you can mix it in with the rest - I do a bit of both.

    > cooorr nice... I want in... but I'm still 6 months off my masters 1
    > license.

    Well young fella' - you better respect your elders for a bit longer then
    before rocking up!!

    I thought you were against bikes with fixed wheels anyway??

    Gags

  8. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Six months of training up my hams to unleash massive poooowarrrr on the boards! heheh I'm only against fixed because I don't own one.... the wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

  9. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    On Jun 5, 8:17 pm, gplama <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > Gags Wrote:
    >

    > > Well young fella' - you better respect your elders for a bit longer
    > > then
    > > before rocking up!!

    > > I thought you were against bikes with fixed wheels anyway??

    > > Gags

    > Six months of training up my hams to unleash massive poooowarrrr on the
    > boards! heheh I'm only against fixed because I don't own one.... the
    > wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

    Some clubs have bikes you can borrow. And, you can hire bikes from
    DISC if necessary too.

    And old steel clunker track bikes are around $500 or so.

  10. roshea

    roshea Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2005
    Messages:
    2,306
    You forgot to post the link to all your bike gear for sale on ebay . . . ;)

  11. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    you mean this one? http://tinyurl.com/2vtd2l

    :)

  12. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    Rockin'! We may have to hold hands and fling each other around DISC in Feb:D

  13. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    On Jun 7, 12:16 pm, JayWoo <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > gplama Wrote:
    >
    > > .... the wheels are in motion to 'fix' that situation though :)

    > Rockin'! We may have to hold hands and fling each other around DISC in
    > Feb:D

    Do the BBN Aust-day madison first :) See if you can beat these two :

    http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20070126-aust-day-madison/IMGP1168.html

    Or these two :

    http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20070126-aust-day-madison/IMGP1474.html

    Careful though, you may end up like this :

    http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20070126-aust-day-madison/IMGP1479.html

  14. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    Bah, Nice mountain bike, bad timing!!

    maybe advertise it again around tax return time???;)