rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

BC Leg Guard = Padless Riding

Started by Victory · · Last activity · 4 posts · 148 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
14 June 2007
Last activity
14 June 2007
Original author
Victory
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
148
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey guys I just started BCing a few weeks ago and found my legs were
    getting all shredded. I hated wearing pads so I found a way to ride
    without pads.

    I fabricated some BC Leg Guards. They go over the wheel like a fender
    and protect your legs if you tip to the side. It actually helps me as
    I'm a beginner and I can lean in to the guard if I like. I added some
    padding for this.
    The guard is solid and doesn't have any play. When the BC gets away
    from me because the plates are heavier it still stays upright.
    I added some pictures to show you. Some daylight pics and in-action
    pics to come.

    Has anyone else ever done something similar?

    - Anthony

    [image: http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3294/frame1zm0.jpg]
    [image: http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9276/frame5cl2.jpg]
    [image: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5826/frame7vk4.jpg]
    [image: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6061/frame10fm7.jpg]

    Oh and btw this is my first ever BC wheel I know it's not the
    prettiest.

    --
    Victory

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/urg5z)
    \"i think they make unicycles with training wheels.
    they're called blkes!\" ~captainkrunk61
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61673

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Evan made me one of those a while back. It is much harder to ride I
    think. I rub my leg on the tire on purpose to control speed and catch
    my balance.
    It was fun to play with though, I was able to ride it one footed with
    that on there. 'heres a video' (http://tinyurl.com/yo55ey)

    --
    Spencer Hochberg

    'BC wheel movie.'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
    it.
    'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
    AIM: SpencerHochberg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61673

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. i have a friend that has one of those, but much stronger. I won't give
    any specifics, but i have to say the plates should be built in to the
    frame.

    the ultimate thing would be to have some sort of ULTRA smooth brakes
    that you can control w/ your leg pushing in and out.

    --
    skrobo

    Quoted message said:

    <> Unicycle For Christ <><


    'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
    ____________________________________________
    -last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61673

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. skrobo said:


    the ultimate thing would be to have some sort of ULTRA smooth brakes
    that you can control w/ your leg pushing in and out.

    I think the ultimate thing is an ace bandage on your leg, you get a
    much better feel of it.

    Edit, ok maybe not "ultimate" because they can get torn up and
    stuff...but some sort of strong wrap around your leg.

    --
    Spencer Hochberg

    'BC wheel movie.'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
    it.
    'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
    AIM: SpencerHochberg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61673

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.