bc questions

JUNGAUNI

Guest
okay i know there is a lot of stuff on bc's but i got a few questions
that havent been answered
1. what is the best tire for street riding(im thinking of getting a
completely bald one)
2. what are the best plates
3. for street what is the best wheel size (im going to be riding at the
skatepark and to places mostly)
4. does anyone have a cheap one

thanks:)

--
JUNGAUNI

><> Unicycle for Christ <><

JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

1. Bald one would be good, depends on wheelsize for exact tire...
2. Bedfords
3. 24"
4. Not me
:)

tomtrevor wrote:
> a completely bald tyre would be alright. ive got a maxxis hookworm which
> is good for me. for street riding probablya 24" thogh a 20" is easier
> for high hops. the best plates are bedford plates. you can't really get
> a decent BC wheel if you want it cheap unless you know how to make one
> yourself.

Awaiting Evan's text beating...;)

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
(See a pattern?)
............'Bedford Unicycles' (BedfordUnicycles.ca)

tomtrevor wrote:
> a completely bald tyre would be alright. ive got a maxxis hookworm which
> is good for me. for street riding probablya 24" thogh a 20" is easier
> for high hops. the best plates are bedford plates. you can't really get
> a decent BC wheel if you want it cheap unless you know how to make one
> yourself.

Do you ride "Street" bc? From where do you have the experience to say
that a bald tire would be "alright." Next time a thread comes along
that ask a question(s) that you have no clue to as the answer, And
purely want to add a digit to your total number of posts, For all our
sakes, Don't post.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

okay i have done some looking around and i found a 14 mm bmx wheel whith
a sun double wall rim and a bald primo tire all i need now is the
plates but i dont want to spend 90$ on a peice of steal so what should
i do and does that sound like a good setup?

--
JUNGAUNI

JUNGAUNI wrote:
> i dont want to spend 90$ on a peice of steal so what should i do and
> does that sound like a good setup?

Its not steel, its Aluminum. You make it sounds like its easy to
machine out a brick of aluiminum to the shape and quality that Darren
does. Also they are very nicely powder coated and fited with grip tape.

--

Evan Byrne wrote:
> Its not steel, its Aluminum. You make it sounds like its easy to machine
> out a brick of aluiminum to the shape and quality that Darren does.
> Also they are very nicely powder coated and fited with grip tape.

Are they really machined out of a chunk of alluminum? I thought it was
just extruded angle.

--
Spudman

add yourself to the 'map'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/vbgooglemap.php)!
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

JUNGAUNI wrote:
> you just suspect that.. but do you realy think its worth it and also
> do you think gb4 plates would be good?

All the plates avalible have major flaws in the design, they have
either or all of the following problems:

Way too heavy

Wrong demensions for multipul reasons

Designed to be easy to make, not quality.

However bedfords are the best out of all the kinds you can buy.

If you would wait, i hear darren is going to start selling lower
plates, so they will be very good plates exept for the weight.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

You could design your own plates, making them fit to your feet and what
not, that would be kool.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Jerrick wrote:
> You could design your own plates, making them fit to your feet and what
> not, that would be kool.

Along those lines, but you more want to build the plates to make the
tricks you will be doing easier.

If you have the time, want, money, metal, welder, skill, saw, and some
knowlage into designing such a thing, then yeah make them yourself.

Otherwise, you could hire someone to make you some.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Or better yet, have a friend who will do it for free cause they have all
the stuff and extra metal and can do it at school or in their shop. =p

--

Jerrick wrote:
> Or better yet, have a friend who will do it for free cause they have all
> the stuff and extra metal and can do it at school or in their shop. =p

No school is going to have 4130 laying around in the sizes you need.
But yes that would be cool.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Thats what you think, my friend Phil had some laying around and made
some plates for my friend Mike, he just needs to drill a whole then put
them on. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Yeah, I would like to design a tube plate, but I dont have the material.
I just noticed this, but when your on-line, your light isnt green, even
though your posting. lol