bc wheel specs

apadoxhr

Guest
hello
i'm just making my own bc wheel
now my friend is going to make me those things where you put your foot
on and i was eondering if you could tell me what is best material for
that and what is sice

some precise sketch would be nice too :eek:)

tnx in advance

--
apadoxhr

10: apadox is legend;
20: GOTO10;
apadoxhr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11084

Hey. I made (or had a set made, not that it was beyond trivial to do so)
a set out of two pieces of 4" angle iron. They're heavy, but they'll
never bend. Guy at the machine shop just chopped em out of some spare
metal he had lying around and put a hole in the middle.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

Mine are 1/4" thick steel plates and hold up amazingly well.

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . . .*X*
<--Chosen's spot
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest. . . . . A spot for Evan Byrne--> *X*
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

And instead of starting a new thread, does anyone know where I can get a
cheap BMX wheel for building myself a BC wheel? The cheapest I've
found online is around $35.00, including shipping. I know I should be
able to find one for cheaper (WaldoMart sells entire b*kes for $45.00).
I don't care about quality right now. I just want cheap. Quality can
come later after I decide if I want to continue or not.

--
paco

Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
--Harper a-la Catboy

paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Well you want a 14mm axle or it will bend pretty quickly so if you get a
wheel from walmart or something then it won't last very long and will
probably just be a waste of money. Maybe look on ebay for something
cheap though.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer