bc wheel specs

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by apadoxhr, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. apadoxhr

    apadoxhr Guest

    hello
    i'm just making my own bc wheel
    now my friend is going to make me those things where you put your foot
    on and i was eondering if you could tell me what is best material for
    that and what is sice

    some precise sketch would be nice too :eek:)

    tnx in advance

    --
    apadoxhr

    10: apadox is legend;
    20: GOTO10;
    apadoxhr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11084

  2. BornUgly

    BornUgly Guest

  3. apadoxhr

    apadoxhr Guest

  4. Eroick

    Eroick Guest

    Well, alluminum would be ligher, but it would be harder to make a wield.
    For pictures click on gallery at the top of your page and use the
    search on the left. Search for 'BC wheel' or 'BC wheel plates'. Its
    going to have to be strong, too.

    --
    Eroick
    Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

  5. smcmorrow

    smcmorrow Guest

  6. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

  7. apadoxhr

    apadoxhr Guest

    no ty but i'm in croatia and thats really far

    iv looked at all pictures and that

    can someone measure the plates for me please

    thats my last issue

    --
    apadoxhr

    10: apadox is legend;
    20: GOTO10;
    apadoxhr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11084

  8. flyer

    flyer Guest

    Hey. I made (or had a set made, not that it was beyond trivial to do so)
    a set out of two pieces of 4" angle iron. They're heavy, but they'll
    never bend. Guy at the machine shop just chopped em out of some spare
    metal he had lying around and put a hole in the middle.

    --
    flyer
    flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

  9. apadoxhr

    apadoxhr Guest

  10. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  11. apadoxhr

    apadoxhr Guest

  12. Spudman

    Spudman Guest

    Mine are 1/4" thick steel plates and hold up amazingly well.

    --
    Spudman

    *| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
    *| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
    *| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . . .*X*
    <--Chosen's spot
    *| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
    *|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
    (http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
    rendered by forrest. . . . . A spot for Evan Byrne--> *X*
    Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

  13. paco

    paco Guest

    And instead of starting a new thread, does anyone know where I can get a
    cheap BMX wheel for building myself a BC wheel? The cheapest I've
    found online is around $35.00, including shipping. I know I should be
    able to find one for cheaper (WaldoMart sells entire b*kes for $45.00).
    I don't care about quality right now. I just want cheap. Quality can
    come later after I decide if I want to continue or not.

    --
    paco

    Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
    --Harper a-la Catboy

    paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

  14. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    paco: ill sell you a wheel for 10 bucks. its a piece off of myfirst bmx
    bike. its an 2" with a scinnier axle (forgot what size..)

    but you said cheap.

    --
    manon1wheel

    Riley

    I LOVE YOU GILBY
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

  15. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  16. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Well you want a 14mm axle or it will bend pretty quickly so if you get a
    wheel from walmart or something then it won't last very long and will
    probably just be a waste of money. Maybe look on ebay for something
    cheap though.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

    James_Potter wrote:
    > I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    > just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    > and eat it...mmmmmm

  17. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  18. paco

    paco Guest

    When you say it won't hold up very well, what do you mean? I'm pretty
    light on my equipment. I ride a sun 28" and I've never had a problem
    with bending the rim.