Be a pal, give me $650,000.

Roadhause

Banned
Dec 1, 2010
SSC Ultimate Aero Shelby Supercars (SSC) of West Richland, Wash., seemingly came out of nowhere in 2007 to slap Bugatti in the face. Its Ultimate Aero supercar beat the blueblood brand's million-dollar-plus Veyron to become the fastest production car in the world — a title that Bugatti has since reclaimed with its Veyron Super Sport. Still, the Ultimate Aero sits at the very top of the supercar heap, with a supercharged V8 engine that puts out an astounding 1,287 horsepower that can launch the car from zero to 60 mph in 2.78 seconds, with a top speed of 257.4 mph. Sticker price starts at $650,000.

ssc-ultimate-aero-2008-on-grass-profile.jpg

I think they only produce this in red. The silver is actually the carbon left behind by the melting paint. Notice the interior is still intact.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Holy cow, Roadhause.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Those are some n-i-c-e cars. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I've never actually been into cars -- as long as they ran well and didn't look trashy or beat up, I was fine with whatever. But for those, I might have to think it over. If I robbed a few banks, maybe we could go for a ride! (Dear Hubby can follow in our Sienna minivan, lol.)[/COLOR]

When I turned on the computer, MSN had and still does have a front page article about the "Top ten fastest production cars you've probably never heard of." They were right. :)

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= #0000ff]Holy cow, Roadhause.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Those are some n-i-c-e cars. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I've never actually been into cars -- as long as they ran well and didn't look trashy or beat up, I was fine with whatever. But for those, I might have to think it over. If I robbed a few bikes, maybe we could go for a ride! (Dear Hubby can follow in our Sienna minivan, lol.)[/COLOR]

I'm a truck guy myself Sierra, I work blue collar (electrical and hvacr) and so I inevitabley got into the power of a truck as it's not a vehicle, it's a force, and I that's what I like to drive on a daily basis, to own. I've driven work trucks ranging from little Ford Rangers and mini Toyota pickups to F-250s with 5.4 liter Triton motors, full crew cab with long bed Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesels in 2500 Lariats SLT's to super charged 7.6 liter Super Duty F-350 Duallies.

All of those trucks have much more power than my personal little around 300 horse power F-150 which in itself is enough to pull 1000 pounds on a 20' trailer with the bed of the truck full with equipment so another couple of hundreds of pounds but none of that compares to 1,287 horses that this one particular car I posted has.

Kinda brings me back down to earth. I think I'd take the motor and put it into a truck!

Originally Posted by Roadhause .

SSC Ultimate Aero Shelby Supercars (SSC) of West Richland, Wash., seemingly came out of nowhere in 2007 to slap Bugatti in the face. Its Ultimate Aero supercar beat the blueblood brand's million-dollar-plus Veyron to become the fastest production car in the world — a title that Bugatti has since reclaimed with its Veyron Super Sport. Still, the Ultimate Aero sits at the very top of the supercar heap, with a supercharged V8 engine that puts out an astounding 1,287 horsepower that can launch the car from zero to 60 mph in 2.78 seconds, with a top speed of 257.4 mph. Sticker price starts at $650,000.

I'd love to buy you that car, problem is you couldn't afford the tires at a cost of $709 for ONE, and those are stock tires with the best high speed rating available to production car of 186mph, and their only good for one run at over 200mph for 15 minutes; then not alone afford the rest of the projected $300,000 a year upkeep cost! Then since you never driven anything remotely like that car you would be dead inside a week. 1,287 horsepower is a far far cry from a 265 hp Suburu WRX or a 412 hp Mustang, and the first time you think your Fernando Alonso will be the last time you think your Fernando Alonso.

But it's nice to dream.

By the way, I'm into cars, but not like that above job. I prefer classics and have a few laying around.

I like classics also but my car will be turning 20 years old on January 1st. It is a relic of its old self but refuses to give in. Just thought I would get this out there but I am the proud owner of a 1991 Ford Taurus (with a bike rack mounted on it year round). I also have a 1996 Silverado soon to be 15.
My wife thats a different story she has owned in this same period of time. Everyone brand new to boot.
Chevy Corsica
Geo Storm
Chrysler Lebaron GTC
Audi A6
Saturn SL200
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai Sonata Limited
Nissan Murano SL
And She complains about me spending money on bikes!!!!LOL

You don't have to worry about the tires or me killing myself Froze, I said I'd take the motor and put it in a truck, just for the power. Color is not of importance either, obviously. So when can I expect delivery?

Originally Posted by Froze .

Quote: Originally Posted by Roadhause .

I'd love to buy you that car, problem is you couldn't afford the tires at a cost of $709 for ONE, and those are stock tires with the best high speed rating available to production car of 186mph, and their only good for one run at over 200mph for 15 minutes; then not alone afford the rest of the projected $300,000 a year upkeep cost! Then since you never driven anything remotely like that car you would be dead inside a week. 1,287 horsepower is a far far cry from a 265 hp Suburu WRX or a 412 hp Mustang, and the first time you think your Fernando Alonso will be the last time you think your Fernando Alonso.

But it's nice to dream.

By the way, I'm into cars, but not like that above job. I prefer classics and have a few laying around.

Froze, I do recall saying I'd take the motor and put it in a truck, probably an F-350 , JUST FOR THE POWER, so you don't need worry about my affording tires that will be seeing over 200 mph or me killing myself driving a truck that won't in all reality, with a governor and the gear ratio, hit over 98.

Color doesn't matter either as it's just the engine I'm interested in, I am only interested in having the ability to pull skyscrapers loose from their foundation. So when can I expect your generous gift? And thanks, pal.

A 2010 customized F-350, the ulitmate work truck. And with that 1,287 horse power motor? FuggedaboOit.

ford-truck-tools.jpg

[COLOR= #0000ff]Dave,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]If your wife has owned that many brand new cars, she's not smart enough for you, lol. In our 42 years of marriage, we've bought only one brand-new car -- a Subaru station wagon, lol, when my kids were teens. It drove me NUTS that it lost about $2500 in value the second we drove it off the lot, and we never did it again. We are a single-car couple by choice, since Dear Hubby has either walked to or biked to work for the past 30 years. We just make it adjustments if we both happen to need the car at the same time. We always buy a car that is 2 or 3 years old and in great shape. We've had minivans for a lot of years because we love the leg room, both being tall, and they double as a small pickup when we need to haul stuff. When we get them, they still look like and run like new, and don't have the depreciation so much. And we keep it until it stops running well and starts costing repairs and all, usually until it's 10-12 years old. Having a newer car is within our budget, but we simply don't care enough about that. A new BIKE, however, may be another matter, lol. Hubby is now talking about wanting a new one for himself, because he likes mines so much! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]So tell Dear Wifey that the $2500 each she lost in depreciation driving those new cars off the lot (about $20,000 total) will buy you a BUNCH of bikes, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Have a good one. [/COLOR]

Originally Posted by davereo .

I like classics also but my car will be turning 20 years old on January 1st. It is a relic of its old self but refuses to give in. Just thought I would get this out there but I am the proud owner of a 1991 Ford Taurus (with a bike rack mounted on it year round). I also have a 1996 Silverado soon to be 15.
My wife thats a different story she has owned in this same period of time. Everyone brand new to boot.
Chevy Corsica
Geo Storm
Chrysler Lebaron GTC
Audi A6
Saturn SL200
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai Sonata Limited
Nissan Murano SL

[COLOR= #0000ff]By the way, Hause....[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]If you find anybody who will give you $650,000, send him my way, wouldja?[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]All Dear Hubby and I need is about $40,000 to be pretty set; we could save him lots of money!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Alrighty Froze, I slept on it and figured you probably don't really want to buy me $650,000 space craft no matter how much of a binding contract your internet post may be so I've decided that I'll let you off of that financial hook and settle for $100,000 so I can just go ahead and get a one of these. Probably be able to get those two bikes as well. Thanks pal, you're swell.

leadairheadcustomsf350.jpg

Certainly Sierra, when Donald Trump calls me for a service call for his Trump Towers when his water cooling towers spring a leak ( wink, wink) , I'll definitely mark up the price enough to be able to give you $40,000, no worries.

Quote:

[COLOR= #0000ff]By the way, Hause....[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]If you find anybody who will give you $650,000, send him my way, wouldja?[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]All Dear Hubby and I need is about $40,000 to be pretty set; we could save him lots of money!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Dave,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]If your wife has owned that many brand new cars, she's not smart enough for you, lol. In our 42 years of marriage, we've bought only one brand-new car -- a Subaru station wagon, lol, when my kids were teens. It drove me NUTS that it lost about $2500 in value the second we drove it off the lot, and we never did it again. We are a single-car couple by choice, since Dear Hubby has either walked to or biked to work for the past 30 years. We just make it adjustments if we both happen to need the car at the same time. We always buy a car that is 2 or 3 years old and in great shape. We've had minivans for a lot of years because we love the leg room, both being tall, and they double as a small pickup when we need to haul stuff. When we get them, they still look like and run like new, and don't have the depreciation so much. And we keep it until it stops running well and starts costing repairs and all, usually until it's 10-12 years old. Having a newer car is within our budget, but we simply don't care enough about that. A new BIKE, however, may be another matter, lol. Hubby is now talking about wanting a new one for himself, because he likes mines so much! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]So tell Dear Wifey that the $2500 each she lost in depreciation driving those new cars off the lot (about $20,000 total) will buy you a BUNCH of bikes, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Have a good one. [/COLOR]

Quote: Originally Posted by davereo .

Chevy Corsica
Geo Storm
Chrysler Lebaron GTC
Audi A6
Saturn SL200
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai Sonata Limited
Nissan Murano SL

Not to mention the 200+ thousand dollars of vehicles. On the flip side which I did not mention is she is a Physical Therapist that does home care. She is paid mileage and really puts them on. The mileage more than covers all the expense related to her vehicles. We are also able to take a depreciation deduction on our federal taxes. We have looked into leasing but we would have to pay out the back side with all the miles. A reliable car is very important to her and her patients.

Originally Posted by roadhouse .

Alrighty Froze, I slept on it and figured you probably don't really want to buy me $650,000 space craft no matter how much of a binding contract your internet post may be so I've decided that I'll let you off of that financial hook and settle for $100,000 so I can just go ahead and get a one of these. Probably be able to get those two bikes as well. Thanks pal, you're swell.

leadairheadcustomsf350.jpg

Why do you need the space craft when you have garage like this already?

Davereo, I'd look into Acura's for your wife, they supposedly have the highest resale value of any car. I didn't see one on your wife's list of new cars so just a thought for next time..
Originally Posted by davereo .

Quote: Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Dave,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]If your wife has owned that many brand new cars, she's not smart enough for you, lol. In our 42 years of marriage, we've bought only one brand-new car -- a Subaru station wagon, lol, when my kids were teens. It drove me NUTS that it lost about $2500 in value the second we drove it off the lot, and we never did it again. We are a single-car couple by choice, since Dear Hubby has either walked to or biked to work for the past 30 years. We just make it adjustments if we both happen to need the car at the same time. We always buy a car that is 2 or 3 years old and in great shape. We've had minivans for a lot of years because we love the leg room, both being tall, and they double as a small pickup when we need to haul stuff. When we get them, they still look like and run like new, and don't have the depreciation so much. And we keep it until it stops running well and starts costing repairs and all, usually until it's 10-12 years old. Having a newer car is within our budget, but we simply don't care enough about that. A new BIKE, however, may be another matter, lol. Hubby is now talking about wanting a new one for himself, because he likes mines so much! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]So tell Dear Wifey that the $2500 each she lost in depreciation driving those new cars off the lot (about $20,000 total) will buy you a BUNCH of bikes, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Have a good one. [/COLOR]

Quote: Originally Posted by davereo .

Chevy Corsica
Geo Storm
Chrysler Lebaron GTC
Audi A6
Saturn SL200
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai Sonata Limited
Nissan Murano SL

Not to mention the 200+ thousand dollars of vehicles. On the flip side which I did not mention is she is a Physical Therapist that does home care. She is paid mileage and really puts them on. The mileage more than covers all the expense related to her vehicles. We are also able to take a depreciation deduction on our federal taxes. We have looked into leasing but we would have to pay out the back side with all the miles. A reliable car is very important to her and her patients.

Originally Posted by Roadhause .

Froze, I do recall saying I'd take the motor and put it in a truck, probably an F-350 , JUST FOR THE POWER, so you don't need worry about my affording tires that will be seeing over 200 mph or me killing myself driving a truck that won't in all reality, with a governor and the gear ratio, hit over 98.

Color doesn't matter either as it's just the engine I'm interested in, I am only interested in having the ability to pull skyscrapers loose from their foundation. So when can I expect your generous gift? And thanks, pal.
Even with the governor set at 98mph you get that truck with that engine to that speed in about 4 seconds...I don't think the city in which you live would appreciate a 4X4 clawing up their blacktop streets like that. However move to Detroit, I hear they want to raze a bunch of buildings throughout the city, you could use the truck for that and make some money while doing it.