"Be active" tour - Jacob's Creek Tour Down Under

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Andrew Lighten, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Is anyone planning on riding in the "be active" tour next January? It's stage 3 of the Jacob's Creek
    tour. The flyer I've got says that 620 people rode it last year; was anyone here in that contingent?
    Any comments on whether it was worth making the trip?

    I'm planning on heading over there for a few days to ride the full 150km stage and take a bunch of
    photos. It looks (and sounds) like great fun.

    Might try and drag a few other people over with me too. (You know who you are. :))

    If you haven't seen or heard about this yet, there's a bunch of info at
    http://www.bikesa.asn.au/events/beactivetour.htm.

    Tags:

  2. You bet I know who I am!!!

    I've mustered some interest with a couple of the blokes I used to ride with at lunchtime around
    Albert Park Lake, but not holding a lot of faith in them....

    "Andrew Lighten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is anyone planning on riding in the "be active" tour next January? It's stage 3 of the Jacob's
    > Creek tour. The flyer I've got says that 620 people rode it last year; was anyone here in that
    > contingent? Any comments on whether it was worth making the trip?
    >
    > I'm planning on heading over there for a few days to ride the full 150km stage and take a bunch of
    > photos. It looks (and sounds) like great fun.
    >
    > Might try and drag a few other people over with me too. (You know who you are. :))
    >
    > If you haven't seen or heard about this yet, there's a bunch of info at
    > http://www.bikesa.asn.au/events/beactivetour.htm.

  3. RideToEat

    RideToEat New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2003
    Yep it was great fun. Last time it was the 2nd stage - 140 km around the Barossa Valley and Eden Valley incl. Mengler Hill, so it was just brilliant. The roads aren't closed but the motorists are kind.

    We were lucky cos the weather was kind to us. Every stage after that was 40 degress plus, but we got a day of mid 20s.

    It's definitely worth doing. The terrain sounds interesting, a couple of hills and a bit of unsealed road!! Also gives you an excuse to take the bike to TDU.

  4. > Yep it was great fun. Last time it was the 2nd stage - 140 km around the Barossa Valley and Eden
    > Valley incl. Mengler Hill, so it was just brilliant. The roads aren't closed but the motorists
    > are kind.
    >
    > We were lucky cos the weather was kind to us. Every stage after that was 40 degress plus, but we
    > got a day of mid 20s.
    >
    > It's definitely worth doing. The terrain sounds interesting, a couple of hills and a bit of
    > unsealed road!! Also gives you an excuse to take the bike to TDU.

    Good Stuff. Thanks for that... I'll definitely cruise over there...