Be Honest, Were You Always Good At Cycling?

Well I always was just good even as a child. But never did some serious training so I can't tell If I'm physically gifted for competitive cycling. But anyway, regular daily cycling will make anyone good at it even with some medical condition. You will get good at it no sooner you put effort in improving.

Watch the anime series "Yowamushi Pedal" and season 2 "Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road".

Despite the weird Japanese plots and characters there is much to be learned about cycling and road racing from that cartoon. Ignore the pure corniness and generalizations.

You can find episodes on YouTube and on CrunchyRoll.

Hey! I posted about that show on this forum once,lol... Its great, they are releasing a season 3 sometime this year or early next year.

I was a natural runner, so when I got into cycling it too was natural and I was decent at it, I managed to get as high as CAT3 but family, work, and money to keep it going all got in the way so I quit racing. 35 or so years later I still love to ride but age doesn't make it very natural anymore, I have first get up the motivation to go riding and then work harder at it...but I still love to ride, it's just different now.

Cycling on a legit road bike took time to get used to. I've biked since I was a kid, but I rode mostly BMX bikes as a kid. Going from BMX bikes to road or mountain bikes is an adjustment. I'm not that tall, so just adjusting to the height of the bike was something that took time to get used to. Road bikes are much easier to pedal, but getting up to speed so much quicker was a little scary at first. Overall, I think I got used to and was riding pretty comfortably in a short amount of time.

I don't think ANYONE was good at something the moment they tried it for the first time. You have to practice and practice and practice, and then EVENTUALLY, you get good that something. It's really not that bad though, at least with cycling you can enjoy the fresh air outdoors, you can enjoy the scenery, you get to see people living their lives. As far as "hobbies" go, cycling is definitely up there in the entertainment value. It's a good thing too, that you can also exercise using cycling, as it really is all in one.

I started out as one of the most terrible cyclists ever! I hadn't ridden a bike since I was on a trike. I was never one of those kids who had a bike or was always riding with their friends, so getting back on as an adult was scary. I had many a fall, many an injury, and many a bike crash before I finally got to the cyclist I am today. I am not the best but I'm far from the worst and I actually do it well enough to enjoy it now.

Yes, honestly I've always been pretty good at it. I started pretty young. I've always been relatively fit, and my lower body is a lot stronger than my upper body so I was naturally good at it. Now that I'm older the same holds true. My lower body is naturally stronger than my upper body, so I continue to cycle quite regularly. I do enjoy lifting weights and doing bench presses and such. But I enjoy cardio exercises and cycling much more. Plus I enjoy the fact that I can enjoy the great outdoors while I do it.