beach bum

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Russ, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. David L

    David L Guest

  2. > Where's the helmet... could have been killed.

    Yeah, a half inch of polystyrene covered in plastic could really have done a lot to prevent death.
    Riigghhhtt.

    Small Black Dog

  3. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:17:08 +0000 (UTC), "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >> Where's the helmet... could have been killed.
    >
    >Yeah, a half inch of polystyrene covered in plastic could really have done a lot to prevent death.
    >Riigghhhtt.
    >
    >Small Black Dog

    Er, yes. That's the whole idea.

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  4. > Er, yes. That's the whole idea.

    Do you want to test it? I bet that if he was going to die falling off that pier then no helmet is
    going to save his skull. what was it, 19feet? You

    Small Black Dog

  5. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:08:43 +0000 (UTC), "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >Do you want to test it? I bet that if he was going to die falling off that pier then no helmet is
    >going to save his skull. what was it, 19feet? You

    >Small Black Dog

    15 feet to sand is what the page mentioned. I'd be inclined to agree if it were pavement, but
    there's still always a chance that the half inch piece of styrofoam wrapped around your noggin just
    might indeed save it from becoming several noggins.

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  6. > 15 feet to sand is what the page mentioned. I'd be inclined to agree if it were pavement, but
    > there's still always a chance that the half inch piece of styrofoam wrapped around your noggin
    > just might indeed save it from becoming several noggins.

    Yeah fair enough, onto sand I guess a helmet would help. I thought he was jumping onto concrete. I
    would be more interested in spinal support - some kind of body armour.

    Small Black Dog

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > 15 feet to sand is what the page mentioned. I'd be inclined to agree if it were pavement, but
    > > there's still always a chance that the half inch piece of styrofoam wrapped around your noggin
    > > just might indeed save it from becoming several noggins.
    >
    > Yeah fair enough, onto sand I guess a helmet would help. I thought he was jumping onto concrete. I
    > would be more interested in spinal support - some kind of body armour.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Me, I'd be more interested in not doing those 'moves'.......

    Shaun aRe