Beanpole seeks wetsuit sizing advice



A

alan

Guest
Having been cajoled into being the swimming bit of a trio facing next year's
London triathlon, I now have to get hold of a wetsuit. I know what I should
do is go down to y nice freidnly local wetsuit shop and get measured 'n
that, but I can't really afford to do that. Money being the way it is. So
I'm thinking ebay. But none of the sizing charts I've googled feature a 6'
150lb man. Do I go by weight (which usually seems to put me in the 5' 9"
bracket) or by height (where 6ft suits seem set for people three stone
heavier than me)? Any advice appreciated.
 
L

lambert

Guest
alan schreef:

> Having been cajoled into being the swimming bit of a trio facing next year's
> London triathlon, I now have to get hold of a wetsuit. I know what I should
> do is go down to y nice freidnly local wetsuit shop and get measured 'n
> that, but I can't really afford to do that. Money being the way it is. So
> I'm thinking ebay. But none of the sizing charts I've googled feature a 6'
> 150lb man. Do I go by weight (which usually seems to put me in the 5' 9"
> bracket) or by height (where 6ft suits seem set for people three stone
> heavier than me)? Any advice appreciated.


Only 1 thing possible: TRY b4 u BUY.
IMHO wetsuits can't be bought from a folder, a leaflet of a web page,
they need to tried b4 you can decide to buy. I have travelled 100 km to
the prospective seller on ebay and tried his wetsuit before I decided
to buy it.
 
R

Robert Haase

Guest
lambert wrote:
> alan schreef:
>
>> Having been cajoled into being the swimming bit of a trio facing next year's
>> London triathlon, I now have to get hold of a wetsuit. I know what I should
>> do is go down to y nice freidnly local wetsuit shop and get measured 'n
>> that, but I can't really afford to do that. Money being the way it is. So
>> I'm thinking ebay. But none of the sizing charts I've googled feature a 6'
>> 150lb man. Do I go by weight (which usually seems to put me in the 5' 9"
>> bracket) or by height (where 6ft suits seem set for people three stone
>> heavier than me)? Any advice appreciated.

>
> Only 1 thing possible: TRY b4 u BUY.
> IMHO wetsuits can't be bought from a folder, a leaflet of a web page,
> they need to tried b4 you can decide to buy. I have travelled 100 km to
> the prospective seller on ebay and tried his wetsuit before I decided
> to buy it.
>



Hello,

I'm 6'5" tall, 195 pounds, so not nearly as thin as you are, but I'm
going to chime in anyway. I've found that it's important to get a
wetsuit that is long enough, otherwise you'll feel like you have a stout
rubberband pulling your crotch up towards your neck and vice versa.

I would go by height, not weight when purchasing a wetsuit online or
from a catalog. I would also make sure that I could return it if it
doesn't fit.

Having said that though, it is far better to try before you buy.

Bob
 
A

Alexander Edward Petkus

Guest
I am 6'3" 170 and I ended up going by height on my nineteen wetsuit, the
ironmans didn't fit me at all, I liked the desoto and TYR suits (a
little out of my price range)
 
A

AP

Guest
Thanks to all for your help.

Alan
"Alexander Edward Petkus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I am 6'3" 170 and I ended up going by height on my nineteen wetsuit, the
>ironmans didn't fit me at all, I liked the desoto and TYR suits (a little
>out of my price range)
 
M

Mr. G D Geen

Guest
alan wrote:
> Having been cajoled into being the swimming bit of a trio facing next year's
> London triathlon, I now have to get hold of a wetsuit. I know what I should
> do is go down to y nice freidnly local wetsuit shop and get measured 'n
> that, but I can't really afford to do that. Money being the way it is. So
> I'm thinking ebay. But none of the sizing charts I've googled feature a 6'
> 150lb man. Do I go by weight (which usually seems to put me in the 5' 9"
> bracket) or by height (where 6ft suits seem set for people three stone
> heavier than me)? Any advice appreciated.
>
>

Look at overtons.com. Some wet suite makers are better than others.
But on overton's web site they have some real good sizing charts. You
should be able to find one that will fit your body type. Different
makers have differnt sizing, if the link below still works note the
difference between Dive Master and Gladiator.

As was stated before, try before you buy.

<http://overtons.com/modperl/overtons/order/items2.cgi?request=aisle&catnum=1AC1>
 

Similar threads