Beans. White sauce.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Don Saklad, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Don Saklad

    Don Saklad Guest

    What are some good white sauces or similar sauces for kidney beans?... and especially easy to make.

    Tags:

  2. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Don Saklad wrote:
    > What are some good white sauces or similar sauces for kidney beans?... and especially easy
    > to make.

    Hmmm, never heard of a white sauce with [red] kidney beans before. Sorry I can't help; that doesn't
    sound particularly palatable to me.

    Jill

  3. Don Saklad wrote:

    > What are some good white sauces or similar sauces for kidney beans?... and especially easy
    > to make.

    Well, maybe not easy to make, not sure, but look on some Indian recipe site for Rajmah or Raj Mah,
    and Indian kidney bean recipe. The sauce is awesome. It's one of my favorites. Or maybe you have an
    Indian cookbook that may have a recipe for it. Kate

    --
    Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
    smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all

  4. Lynn Gifford

    Lynn Gifford Guest

    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Don Saklad wrote:
    > > What are some good white sauces or similar sauces for kidney beans?... and especially easy
    > > to make.
    ==================================
    Not a "sauce" but good, easy & inexpensive

    Lobio (Chechnyan Kidney Bean Salad )

    2 cans kidney beans
    1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    2/2 cup finely chopped onion
    3/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (curly)
    4/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (flat leaf parsley) freshly ground pepper
    5/2 cup (or less) oil

    Drain and rinse beans and pat dry. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add beans and
    toss gently. Taste for seasoning. You can serve the beans right away, but the flavor will improve if
    you let them rest one hour before serving, stirring occasionally. from Foods of the World: Russian
    Cooking - Time/Life Publishing

    Lynn from Fargo

  5. Paula

    Paula Guest

    how about a white cheese sauce, as a plain sauce would be rather bland.

  6. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:38:01 -0600, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Don Saklad wrote:
    > > What are some good white sauces or similar sauces for kidney beans?... and especially easy to
    > > make.
    >
    > Hmmm, never heard of a white sauce with [red] kidney beans before. Sorry I can't help; that
    > doesn't sound particularly palatable to me.

    My first thought was "yuck".

    LOL, are we talking Troll?

  7. Sf

    Sf Guest

    Sounds edible and it's not WHITE (sauce).

    ```````````

    On 23 Feb 2004 10:06:01 -0800, [email protected] (Lynn Gifford) wrote:

    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Don Saklad wrote:
    > > > What are some good white sauces or similar sauces for kidney beans?... and especially easy to
    > > > make.
    > ==================================
    > Not a "sauce" but good, easy & inexpensive
    >
    > Lobio (Chechnyan Kidney Bean Salad )

  8. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On 24 Feb 2004 16:38:07 GMT, [email protected] (MrAoD) wrote:

    > Don's a nice enough guy, he's just *different*. Coming from a MIT former SAIL denizen, I
    > evaluated *different* as really different.
    >
    > Anyhoo, either give the man a recipe or plonk him is my advice.

    Thanks for the advice, but I hadn't "tuned" into him previously - despite of the web page devoted to
    him. Hence the troll comment and I'm stickin' to it.