Bear Mountain Races in 2003

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jonas, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Jonas

    Jonas Guest

    Will there be a Bear Mtn Road Race this year? I know the fall race was cancelled because of posible
    litigation. What's the story.

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On 20 Feb 2003 08:06:20 -0800, [email protected] (Jonas) wrote:

    >Will there be a Bear Mtn Road Race this year? I know the fall race was cancelled because of posible
    >litigation. What's the story.

    Does anybody know what the roads are like up there these days? Rideable, or did this last snow bury
    them again?

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  3. "ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 20 Feb 2003 08:06:20 -0800, [email protected] (Jonas) wrote:
    >
    > >Will there be a Bear Mtn Road Race this year? I know the fall race
    was
    > >cancelled because of posible litigation. What's the story.
    >
    > Does anybody know what the roads are like up there these days? Rideable, or did this last snow
    > bury them again?

    A friend rode around there on Tuesday I think and said Perkins was closed but more other roads
    were open.

    Some race organizers in the area are discussing holding a race at Harriman this spring, but nothing
    is decided.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com