Bear Mountain

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Ronde Chimp, Jan 28, 2003.

  1. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    Anybody know what the road conditions are like up in Harriman?

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

    Tags:

  2. Amh

    Amh Guest

    ronde chimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anybody know what the road conditions are like up in Harriman?
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chimp

    Frigidly cold.

    When I skied up in the Catskills 2 weeks ago the area around there had a good foot or more of snow
    on the ground. The roads were probably clear but I'd imagine that there is salt and or sand all over
    the place. While there hasn't been more than dustings of snow in the past weeks there hasn't been
    melting either. This may mean that there have been no puddles of melted snow on the road to freeze,
    or not. Can't really say what the parks department does but I do know someone who drove through
    Harriman those few weeks ago and found the roads to be driveable.

    Haven't seen them for myself though so I'm speculating.

    Andy