bearing assembly inside MTB rim/hub

LIBERATOR

Guest
Well, I did it now.

My axel was not tight and the rim was so loose it would wiggle
sideways, and me not knowing what's inside the hub of a MTB rim thought
"Well I know how to tighten it, but since it's loose I want to take it
all apart and examine everything and make sure the bearings aren't
shot" not knowing the bearings aren't sealed and they will fall right
out of the hub once the trapping nut is unscrewed.

So I spent an hour trying to recover all the bearings and put them back
in the rim, got it all back together with 2 missing on one side, the
rim still spins but not as freely as it did (but still pretty good), so
should I replace the whole setup and do bike stores sell bearing kits
for hubs/axels?

I took my bike to Dakota Ridge, and geeze I didn't know about the
"zorro trail", where they have Earth made concrete steps and I actually
cleared these things going down, insane, I never thought I would try
let alone clear a section like this, but the rim survived and seems not
altered or moved towards a defective state, so is this lacking a few
bearings on the one side of the back rim something I need to repair?

LIBERATOR wrote:
> I took my bike to Dakota Ridge, and geeze I didn't know about the
> "zero trail", where they have Earth made concrete steps and I actually
> cleared these things going down, insane, I never thought I would try
> let alone clear a section like this, but the rim survived and seems not
> altered or moved towards a defective state, so is this lacking a few
> bearings on the one side of the back rim something I need to repair?

I certainly hope you really are riding and without a helmet.

JD

JD wrote:
> LIBERATOR wrote:
> > I took my bike to Dakota Ridge, and geeze I didn't know about the
> > "zero trail", where they have Earth made concrete steps and I actually
> > cleared these things going down, insane, I never thought I would try
> > let alone clear a section like this, but the rim survived and seems not
> > altered or moved towards a defective state, so is this lacking a few
> > bearings on the one side of the back rim something I need to repair?

> I certainly hope you really are riding and without a helmet.
>
> JD

I did those concrete stairs on the Zorro trail off of Dakota Ridge
without a helmet and with a 26LB backpack on. I stopped at the 3 (the
hardest ones) that are all crammed together and the most steep and
turn, and hike-a-biked those, but I cleared the other ones.

If I die will you bring Ridey to my funeral?

Rich wrote:
> "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > If I die will you bring Ridey to my funeral?

> I'll bury you with your butt plug.

Doesn't Virginia Newbon want to be my butt plug?

Did I poopy my pants?