Bearing opening

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Tim, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Can any one tell me how to open these bearings I have tryed but can not
    get the cover off.

    | Attachment filename: dscf0016.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/238976|

    Tim - Thread Killer

    You not that evil Nick... I think that dog is more evil then you. - me

    "The dog is my apprentice." - Evil-nick
    Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

  2. tuna6869

    tuna6869 Guest

    Can't help you out but are those the delicous rice krispy treats you
    have it sitting on?

    --
    tuna6869 - Unicycler for Kerry

    Jamey Mossengren

    Smile! :) It makes people wonder what you're up to!

    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
    moments that take our breath away"

    tuna6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1526

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    tuna6869 wrote:
    > *Can't help you out but are those the delicous rice krispy treats you
    > have it sitting on? *

    Yes it is.

    sorry about the picture being blurry thats the best I can do with the
    current camera.

    --
    Tim - Thread Killer

    You not that evil Nick... I think that dog is more evil then you. - me

    "The dog is my apprentice." - Evil-nick
    Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

  4. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    The metal seals are difficult to remove without damaging the seal.
    Every time I've tried to remove a metal seal I end up bending the metal
    seal and otherwise damaging it so that it is impossible to reassemble
    the bearing properly. Bearings with rubber (or plastic) seals are much
    easier to disassemble and reassemble.

    I use small screwdrivers, like the kind used to repair eye glasses, to
    pry the seals off.

    Brian MacKenzie (Sofa) used to have a FAQ on repairing bearings. The
    link I have to that FAQ is now dead. Hey Brian, where's the FAQ at now?

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    john_childs wrote:
    > *Brian MacKenzie (Sofa) used to have a FAQ on repairing bearings. The
    > link I have to that FAQ is now dead. Hey Brian, where's the FAQ at
    > now? *

    I did a search and found that thread but couldnt get anywhere from it
    because of the dead link.

    I was trying to do it with out doing damage but couldn't get any where.
    I guess there's no trick to it.

    Thanks John

    --
    Tim - Thread Killer

    You not that evil Nick... I think that dog is more evil then you. - me

    "The dog is my apprentice." - Evil-nick
    Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

  6. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    john_childs wrote:
    > *
    > Brian MacKenzie (Sofa) used to have a FAQ on repairing bearings. The
    > link I have to that FAQ is now dead. Hey Brian, where's the FAQ at
    > now? *

    Whenever the instructions are found, they should be given to AC to put
    on his site.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
    Kaena
    Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
    on the right"
    Sig count: 2

    04.05.23 11214
    04.05.25 11284