Bearings for Race Face BB's

andy

Guest
Can anyone tell me if a Race Face square taper cartridge BB can be rebuilt
by installing new cartridge bearings? Would anyone know where to purchase
bearings and what is involved in removing them from the unit?
I would welcome advice on whether it is even worth doing when inexpensive
square taper BBs are available from Shimano (UN73)and Stronglight(JB-400).
Thanx in advance,
Andy

andy wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if a Race Face square taper cartridge BB can be rebuilt
> by installing new cartridge bearings? Would anyone know where to purchase
> bearings and what is involved in removing them from the unit?
> I would welcome advice on whether it is even worth doing when inexpensive
> square taper BBs are available from Shimano (UN73)and Stronglight(JB-400).
> Thanx in advance,

Generally the exact type of cartridge bearing is embossed on the black
rubber seals, although you may need a strong light to see the markings.
A shop that sells motorcycle bearings can probably fit them. Bearing
cartridges cost so little that yes, it is worth doing it.