Beautiful day for a ride today!

stevegreer

Sep 4, 2008
Sun was shining and the temps got up into the low 50's, so I decided it was a perfect day for a quick "time to get back into shape after a long and cold winter" ride. 9.82 miles according to the GPS and 10.35 according to my cycle computer. So whichever one it was, it felt nice to get out there and put some turns on the crank!
So, anyone else having nice weather and wiping the dust off the bikes?

Temps touched 40 today. Not a problem for me temp wide. The roads really suck we have had three or four blizzards piling the snow on. Soon I hope!

oh man that's cold! we were in the 70s! but don't get too jealous because i live in the mojave desert and the summers are brutal! not to mention the insane wind we get here. try riding in a 40 mph cross wind. my hands were white from gripping the breaks and i'm pretty sure i left indents on my handlebars.

I'll take it we have very high winds in the fall and spring much better than the winter temps.

43F yesterday when I started, chilly but tolerable. The gravel that has been deposited because of snow and ice is making me change my route.
The gravel is inches thick in places.

Yeah, I had to deal with the remnants of the sand and gravel from the last snowstorm we had. But luckily it had mostly been pushed to the side of the road and wasn't too much of a hazard for me. A little sore today, and my bike needs some adjusting, so I have my work cut out for me for today.

Hello guys....!
Yesterday afternoon, Riding the Warrior south on the 15 from Barstow to Chino Hills it was Perfect! Running thru my head; To Quote Jimi Hendrix "90 miles per hour girl,,,, The speed I drive"...!
trip with bicycle

The group is separating which makes it insanely more difficult to draft. coming thought the final turn, I stood up and laid in the acceleration, sprinting. One guy next to me was doing the same, and he was just a hair faster than I, but he couldn't hold it for the duration and I edged out in front. I passed two other riders who had were not sprinting. It doesn't really mean anything since I am no where near the top 20 among this 105 riders present. Yeah, there was quite the turnout for the first race of the season. End result, I am happy with my performance today. And as I said earlier, I still have all my skin.