Bebop Pedals

Mark Wolfe

Guest
I just picked up a set of bebop SL pedals, and am quite impressed with them. I'm replacing single
sided SPD wellgos with them, and so far am quite impressed, they are way easier to clip into, and
I'm getting used to all the float. Plus they are still walkable with my Shimano T-092 touring shoes,
which is good for my commute where I have to walk about 100 yards or so, and used to wear out look
cleats. So far I'm very impressed, and wondering if anyone else has opinions on these pedals?

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 Thermodynamics in a nutshell: 1st Law: You can't win. (Energy is conserved) 2nd Law: You can't

Mark- still in the Navy? Didn't know you were a cyclist as well... Bebop are excellent. Not sure why
these and WTB Stealth pedals (same SPD w/float idea) aren't more popular. Both super comfortable,
work with everything and with adjustable float. What's not to like?

Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote in message...

"Justin Seiferth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark- still in the Navy? Didn't know you were a cyclist as well... Bebop are excellent. Not sure
> why these and WTB Stealth pedals (same SPD w/float idea) aren't more popular. Both super
> comfortable, work with everything and with adjustable float. What's not to like?

BeBops would be more popular if they could appeal to mass markets. They have every feature that you
could want: super-easy clip in/out, bombproof reliability, ultra low weight, tons of float. But
being rather expensive, they won't appeal to any mass markets, I'm afraid. BeBop competes directly
with Speedplay, and actually share a patent licensing agreement with them (each company holds
patents, IIRC).

There is a reason why BeBops aren't being sold by huge mail-order shops like Supergo, Performance,
Nashbar, etc. I assure you it has nothing to do with the quality or market appeal of BeBop pedals.
There is another pedal mfr that has agreements with the big mail order shops not to sell BeBop
pedals. There are still hundreds of local BeBop dealers. CambriaBike.com also sells BeBops, last
time I checked.

Best pedals on the market, IMO. I have 3 pairs and want a 4th pair. I use BeBops on my road bike,
mountain bikes and recumbents. They are kinda pricey; but well worth it.

-Barry

I went into Hitech bikes for some cable stops and walked out with a pair.
:) So far I'm really impressed with them. The thing I didn't like about
speedplays was the huge cleat, bebops seem to solve that problem.

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 Apr 13 11:05:20 apollo13 fsck[3927]: root, we have a problem.