Been gone/update

Well, it's been a busy year. I stopped postin regularly this spring as
I prepared for Boston and then got married. By summer I was miserable with a
dead-end PhD project, but my mood was resurrected when I was accepted to the
MBA program here at Michigan. Since August I've been neck-deep in business
school and related work.
Running suffered greatly as a result. I capitalized on a mediocre summer
in October, where my team placed 2nd in the USATF National Marathon Relay
Championships. Two months of 40+ mpw followed, and now I find myself in
relatively lousy shape.
I've been picking it up as of late as the B-school responsibilities come
under control. This week will be back in the 80-90 mpw range, and 5:30
miles don't make me want to die anymore though I can't run nearly as many in
a row as I'd like. I still want to run a 2:24-2:25 marathon by next fall.
Hopefully I will be finding time to rejoin the community here; I still see
some familiar "faces" around.

<[email protected]> wrote in message

> Well, it's been a busy year. I stopped postin regularly this spring as
> I prepared for Boston and then got married. By summer I was miserable
> with a
> dead-end PhD project, but my mood was resurrected when I was accepted to
> the
> MBA program here at Michigan. Since August I've been neck-deep in
> business
> school and related work.
> Running suffered greatly as a result. I capitalized on a mediocre
> summer
> in October, where my team placed 2nd in the USATF National Marathon Relay
> Championships. Two months of 40+ mpw followed, and now I find myself in
> relatively lousy shape.
> I've been picking it up as of late as the B-school responsibilities come
> under control. This week will be back in the 80-90 mpw range, and 5:30
> miles don't make me want to die anymore though I can't run nearly as many
> in
> a row as I'd like. I still want to run a 2:24-2:25 marathon by next fall.
> Hopefully I will be finding time to rejoin the community here; I still
> see
> some familiar "faces" around.

Andy: your training week additions and running knowledge has
been missed by myself, anyway and I'm sure some others. It is
good to see you back as well as back to running. After you got
married and stopped posting, Doug F's been saying, "I told him
so!" every time your name came up. Okay, that's not true. ;-)

Best of luck in 2005.

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON)
www.allfalldown.org

>I find myself in relatively lousy shape.
_

new wife & mba program at um? in my book you're in fine shape! congrats all
the way around

lance

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well, it's been a busy year.

Nice to see you back.

BTW, I'm the troll 'roger hunter' in a new guise. Just in case you wanted
to start your killfile with a familiar name...

> I stopped postin regularly this spring as
>I prepared for Boston and then got married.

C'mon now, be honest! She won't give you permission to post anymore. She's
probably out at Bingo, and your sneaking in a post or two.

"FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I stopped postin regularly this spring as
> >I prepared for Boston and then got married.

> C'mon now, be honest! She won't give you permission to post anymore. She's
> probably out at Bingo, and your sneaking in a post or two.

Shouldnt you be icing that knee down?

>Shouldnt you be icing that knee down?

No ice, no heat, just an ace bandage, that probably did more harm than good,
and I can almost straighten it out normally today. I'll be walking around by
tomorrow.
Thanks for asking. I was going to an "Injured knee update", and only write
"today I bent my leg".

"Running vacations" where you drop down to half-intensity for a while
are supposed to be restorative. Your 40 mpw "vacation" is my goal if
ever get over a couple years of injuries. Have fun!

"FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Shouldnt you be icing that knee down?

> No ice, no heat, just an ace bandage, that probably did more harm than

good,
> and I can almost straighten it out normally today. I'll be walking around

by
> tomorrow.
> Thanks for asking. I was going to an "Injured knee update", and only write
> "today I bent my leg".

ugh. that's gotta suck. good luck with it. i've never hurt my knee but i
herniated a disk once...that was a drag. no running with that.

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:GNItd.4234$%[email protected]...
> Doug F's been saying, "I told him
> so!" every time your name came up. Okay, that's not true. ;-)

The honeymoon is over and he comes up for air. I tried to tell you to
get a puppy instead. They can be trained to sit, speak and lie down on
command. Not the same with a wife. :) Welcome back!!

-DougF

>ugh. that's gotta suck

Not really, I was expecting to be laid up a month or more, but I'm doing far
better than I thought I would.

> i've never hurt my knee

You are one lucky man.

"Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:GNItd.4234$%[email protected]...
> > Doug F's been saying, "I told him
> > so!" every time your name came up. Okay, that's not true. ;-)

> The honeymoon is over and he comes up for air. I tried to tell you to
> get a puppy instead.

Maybe he isn't into having sex with puppies.

>They can be trained to sit, speak and lie down on
> command. Not the same with a wife. :) Welcome back!!
>

> -DougF
>

>Maybe he isn't into having sex with puppies.

If he's a runner, it's likely the best he can do.

Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

> "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:GNItd.4234$%[email protected]...
>> Doug F's been saying, "I told him
>> so!" every time your name came up. Okay, that's not true. ;-)

> The honeymoon is over and he comes up for air. I tried to tell you to
> get a puppy instead. They can be trained to sit, speak and lie down on
> command. Not the same with a wife. :) Welcome back!!

> -DougF

I got a wife AND a puppy. And they are BOTH stubborn! ;)
Andy Hass

rick++ <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Running vacations" where you drop down to half-intensity for a while
> are supposed to be restorative. Your 40 mpw "vacation" is my goal if
> ever get over a couple years of injuries. Have fun!

I hope so...I needed it. My main training partner has gone from 32:30 10K
to about 31 shape during my hiatus though so I have some work to do...
Andy Hass

[email protected] wrote:
> Well, it's been a busy year. I stopped postin regularly this spring

as
> I prepared for Boston and then got married. By summer I was

miserable with a
> dead-end PhD project, but my mood was resurrected when I was accepted

to the
> MBA program here at Michigan. Since August I've been neck-deep in

business
> school and related work.
> Running suffered greatly as a result. I capitalized on a mediocre

summer
> in October, where my team placed 2nd in the USATF National Marathon

Relay
> Championships. Two months of 40+ mpw followed, and now I find myself

in
> relatively lousy shape.
> I've been picking it up as of late as the B-school

responsibilities come
> under control. This week will be back in the 80-90 mpw range, and

5:30
> miles don't make me want to die anymore though I can't run nearly as

many in
> a row as I'd like. I still want to run a 2:24-2:25 marathon by next

fall.
> Hopefully I will be finding time to rejoin the community here; I

still see
> some familiar "faces" around.

Welcome back. You've been a bit of inspiraton to me sincei I started
back at school. I figure "if Haas can run and educatate himself so can
I."

See ya around,
Andy

[email protected] wrote:
> Well, it's been a busy year. I stopped postin regularly this spring

as
> I prepared for Boston and then got married. By summer I was

miserable with a
> dead-end PhD project, but my mood was resurrected when I was accepted

to the
> MBA program here at Michigan. Since August I've been neck-deep in

business
> school and related work.
> Running suffered greatly as a result. I capitalized on a mediocre

summer
> in October, where my team placed 2nd in the USATF National Marathon

Relay
> Championships. Two months of 40+ mpw followed, and now I find myself

in
> relatively lousy shape.
> I've been picking it up as of late as the B-school

responsibilities come
> under control. This week will be back in the 80-90 mpw range, and

5:30
> miles don't make me want to die anymore though I can't run nearly as

many in
> a row as I'd like. I still want to run a 2:24-2:25 marathon by next

fall.
> Hopefully I will be finding time to rejoin the community here; I

still see
> some familiar "faces" around.

Welcome back. You've been a bit of inspiraton to me since I started
back at school. I figure "if Haas can run and educatate himself so can
I."

See ya around,
Andy

and 2500 mile goal done. an maybe I don't want you......
come from the man who pulls the ribbons off in hell Mi.ultra.right
behind diva in train runs.........
hell No. go back to A.F.
and stay in hell . or burn 42 houses in Wash d.c. , well insurance pay?
Alfa class.
I know maybe some day I can see you on the Bill Ross show...in
off the record. and all of you can cross your legs and give kissing face
towards me.
along with everything else.
and say. isn't true gov man that the group is..........full of it.
because I know that the jobs and money is a real deal here.
(smile because he just got his 3rd jag and Harley..
advisement..................
maybe after fine some running time in diva vill.
g. 20,000 a year for school.
and all the $ for military, sounds like the rest of the state.
make sure you put your $ in playback of school loans and buy one of
150,000 mortgages in Michigan to buy a house here for under $640.00
a month easy payments, add interest and tax, and all else......your
life.....and don't forget to throw a ribbon on the ground for me.
then you can add up another bill charge along with the 6 million
others. like p.b.s. $150.00 for a coffee mug..so they can make more then
10 million for the crime. and still get volunteers to aid and phones...
and paint there homes, not from me, just my colors..... and I well still
be here because de rail went into back wheel....who cares......I
don't......
great job A hass.
wellcome back to night mare in old view. I am's.........
or was that elm street.
am I.........not, my leg still mess up. I ride a bike. later.
note: still got a leg. no job or money, Butt I still got both
legs....... and I do pick up 10cent cans and eat better then 2 year and
1 month with out a pay check.....or unemloyment.
wre hell think I found the mortgages per cey.
trogen horse. or just trogen man.
why hell wasen't ww e on lat night. them gay people take that off to put
on more **** top models jerk offs...Jesus........
faggets all of them........see who got the bigest plastics........
that be u. m. shat. right...
well as long as your boss ady gets her 640 ,000.00 and gov lady gets
hers.
wy the hell should i care you X leged prices....... I am never going to
pay you..Got it........... and take your price and shove it to hell.

"FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >ugh. that's gotta suck

> Not really, I was expecting to be laid up a month or more, but I'm doing

far
> better than I thought I would.
>
> > i've never hurt my knee

> You are one lucky man.

Yes indeed. I hurt my knee in a car accident, but it only gives me problems
once in a while during running if I increase my mileage too much.

When it usually starts acting up is if I've been skiing for a little while
and decide to hit the steeps. If the snow is slushy or icy.....ouch!

Martha