beer and training

Here in South Texas the 5th food group is Tacos. Flour tortillas with bean and cheese......

Originally posted by Blimp
Beer has a number of advantages to the cyclist which are often overlooked:

1. It can relax muscles, allowing faster recovery
2. It contains simple carbohydrates
3. There is little medical evidence to suggest moderate beer intake causes long term physiological damage
4. The calories are well worth the pleasure
5. On social occasions it can make members of the opposite sex more appealing than they actually are

I'm not sure that 5. is an advantage!!!:D

what i tend to do especially at clubs is stick with gin/vodka and after having a shot or mixed drink ít'll be followed by a water. 1:1 ratio

Originally posted by 2LAP
And what effect does that have?

Does it matter? I think we should close this thread, cause i'm worried if anyone from the UCI reads it they might start doing random breath tests on riders. I'd hate to get done for having to much blood in my alcohol system :( the revenue raising bastards.

cheers

Originally posted by steve
Does it matter? I think we should close this thread, cause i'm worried if anyone from the UCI reads it they might start doing random breath tests on riders. I'd hate to get done for having to much blood in my alcohol system :( the revenue raising bastards.

cheers

:D :D - You echo my worries !!

I arrested someone once for being 'drunk and in charge of a bicycle'

We all had a great laugh

I arrested someone once for being 'drunk and in charge of a bicycle'

We all had a great laugh

That would be funny

Originally posted by 2LAP
1. Beer
2. Ice Cream
3. Peas
4. Quorn (I'm veggie)

I always get stuck on that 5th food group!

I am thinking of a very 'blue' reply, but I'll refrain from posting...

Originally posted by coolworx
I am thinking of a very 'blue' reply, but I'll refrain from posting...

I also have trouble keeping more than three or four cans of beer in my jersey. Also, for rides longer than one hour, the beer gets a bit warm.

God I love beer. Don't know how it affects performance, I just know it seems to give me a beer belly, so I avoid keeping it in the house. If I have it, I WILL drink it.

Sara

I also have trouble keeping more than three or four cans of beer in my jersey. Also, for rides longer than one hour, the beer gets a bit warm.

Its a ******* not being able to train for any more than an hour :(