Beer should be the mandatory Tour Riders' drink

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Clovis Lark, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Discuss
     
    Tags:


  2. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    Clovis Lark wrote:

    > Discuss


    If it was Budweiser it wouldn't be a problem.

    --
     
  3. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Clovis Lark wrote:


    >> Discuss


    > If it was Budweiser it wouldn't be a problem.


    Which Budweiser?

    > --
     
  4. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

  5. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:26:57 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >Discuss


    Only Beamish.
     
  6. Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Discuss


    French beer?! What, are you nuts? IIRC there is tolerable French beer, but
    play to the Belgians' strengths: beer should be the mandatory spring classics
    riders' drink. For the Tour, on a long hot stage, a nice Vouvray or sauvignon
    blanc maybe. On nasty cold stages, Calvados in the bidon.

    Ben
    Forget what I said about Gatorade for training
    rides in that other thread, I was kidding
     
  7. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

  8. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    Clovis Lark wrote:

    > The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Clovis Lark wrote:
    >>
    >>>The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Clovis Lark wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>>Discuss
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>If it was Budweiser it wouldn't be a problem.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Which Budweiser?

    >
    >
    >
    >>This.
    >>http://tinyurl.com/52mkf

    >
    >
    > This.
    >
    > http://www.budvar.cz/index.html


    Oh I thought you meant piss weak beer.
    Dunno how strong it is but the Staropramen Granat I was supping in
    Prague in Feb' was great.
    Pilsner Urquell,now there's a nice drink.
    Sometimes tho' you cannot beat a Guinness or Murphys if you're in Cork.

    --
     
  9. Dave Clary

    Dave Clary Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:01:24 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >http://www.budvar.cz/index.html
    >
    >> --


    That's the Real Deal. BTW, they get around their agreement with AB by selling
    their beer in the U.S. under a different name. Look for Czecvar in your
    friendly beer mart.

    Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
    Home: http://davidclary.com
     
  10. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote .edu...
    > Discuss


    Some day Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. should think about
    sponsoring a bicycle racing team.

    -KJP

    (when I was in training for the I.U. Little 500, beer by the keg was a
    mandatory refresher and jean shorts were de rigueur bike shorts)
     
  11. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]
    > The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Clovis Lark wrote:

    >
    > >> Discuss

    >
    > > If it was Budweiser it wouldn't be a problem.

    >
    > Which Budweiser?


    Q: Why is Budweiser and making love in a canoe similar?

    A: Because they're bothing fucking close to water!

    ROTFLMAO!



    -kjp

    (you will be flamed royally and deservedly in rec.food.drink.beer
    if you tell that stupid old joke)
     
  12. h squared

    h squared Guest

    Dave Clary wrote:
    >
    > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:01:24 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >http://www.budvar.cz/index.html
    > >
    > >> --

    >
    > That's the Real Deal. BTW, they get around their agreement with AB by selling
    > their beer in the U.S. under a different name. Look for Czecvar in your
    > friendly beer mart.
    >
    > Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
    > Home: http://davidclary.com


    this (and sometimes stella) is the only beer i drink. (ales make me feel weird)

    heather
     
  13. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Clovis Lark wrote:


    >> The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Clovis Lark wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>Clovis Lark wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>>Discuss
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>If it was Budweiser it wouldn't be a problem.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Which Budweiser?

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>This.
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/52mkf

    >>
    >>
    >> This.
    >>
    >> http://www.budvar.cz/index.html


    > Oh I thought you meant piss weak beer.
    > Dunno how strong it is but the Staropramen Granat I was supping in
    > Prague in Feb' was great.
    > Pilsner Urquell,now there's a nice drink.


    Not since they switched from wood tanks...

    > Sometimes tho' you cannot beat a Guinness or Murphys if you're in Cork.


    No, but a Latter Day Stout, A Czerny Bock from SLC will. Oddly enough,
    Guiness' alcohol content is only .27% more than these 4%ers. Go figger...

    > --
     
  14. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Dave Clary <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:01:24 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
    > <[email protected]> wrote:


    >>
    >>http://www.budvar.cz/index.html
    >>
    >>> --


    > That's the Real Deal. BTW, they get around their agreement with AB by selling
    > their beer in the U.S. under a different name. Look for Czecvar in your
    > friendly beer mart.


    "agreement" with the thieves of their name...

    > Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
    > Home: http://davidclary.com
     
  15. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Ken Papai <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]
    >> The Dude <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> > Clovis Lark wrote:

    >>
    >> >> Discuss

    >>
    >> > If it was Budweiser it wouldn't be a problem.

    >>
    >> Which Budweiser?


    > Q: Why is Budweiser and making love in a canoe similar?


    > A: Because they're bothing fucking close to water!


    > ROTFLMAO!


    Ken, laughing at your own joke is going to penalize you 4 pints.

    But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?

    > -kjp


    > (you will be flamed royally and deservedly in rec.food.drink.beer
    > if you tell that stupid old joke)
     
  16. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote:


    >> Discuss


    > French beer?! What, are you nuts? IIRC there is tolerable French beer, but
    > play to the Belgians' strengths:


    Alsace?

    > beer should be the mandatory spring classics
    > riders' drink. For the Tour, on a long hot stage, a nice Vouvray or sauvignon
    > blanc maybe. On nasty cold stages, Calvados in the bidon.


    What? no Cotes de Rhone? No Beaumes de Venise? No Mirabelle?

    > Ben
    > Forget what I said about Gatorade for training
    > rides in that other thread, I was kidding


    Anyone have the account from the old-timer (Benjo Maso, come in!) who
    survived being dropped in the Pyrenees (since that starts tomorrow) by
    stopping at bars in the darkness and getting the only liquid he could
    find: RUM. Got over a major col that way and made it to the riders'
    barracks around midnight, hydrated on booze. He was up the next AM to
    continue. This was back in the day when there were a handful of pro's and
    the rest of the riders were "talented amateurs" who rode for nothing and
    received bunk and mess in return for making the race look bigger.
     
  17. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Ken Papai <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote .edu...
    >> Discuss


    > Some day Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. should think about
    > sponsoring a bicycle racing team.


    They don't? What's that shirt for?

    > -KJP


    > (when I was in training for the I.U. Little 500, beer by the keg was a
    > mandatory refresher and jean shorts were de rigueur bike shorts)


    Which is why you no longer have to shave your legs...
     
  18. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:06:55 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?


    I had high hopes for Arrogant Bastard Ale ("You're not worthy! Hated
    by many, loved by few"), but too much hops. Still, I may go for the
    bar glasses. Voting again for Beamish - Guinness with character.


    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...
     
  19. Diablo Scott

    Diablo Scott Guest

  20. Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:06:55 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?

    >
    > I had high hopes for Arrogant Bastard Ale ("You're not worthy! Hated
    > by many, loved by few"), but too much hops. Still, I may go for the
    > bar glasses. Voting again for Beamish - Guinness with character.


    How about a nice St. Pauly Girl?

    http://www.dragonswest.com/99/AdrianCooz.jpg
     
Loading...
Loading...