Beer should be the mandatory Tour Riders' drink

Clovis Lark <clark.ucs.ana.edu>...
> Ken Papai <ken.com> wrote:

> >> Which Budweiser?

> > Q: Why is Budweiser and making love in a canoe similar?
> > A: Because they're bothing ****ing close to water!
> > ROTFLMAO!

> Ken, laughing at your own joke is going to penalize you 4 pints.

I did that acronymn on purpose and was hoping for a Legate reply.

> But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?

Last year after the Tour my brother and I did a blind tasting of IPA.
I took photos and copious notes.

Number One was Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.
Anderson Valley's and Goose Island's were rated pretty high too.

I memorilized it here in photos:
http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/
http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/IPAs4025.jpg

Some day I'd like to invite Chris McReynolds and Kyle Legate
over for a taste-off. For sure and no kidding.
Kunich could come too.

Sierra Nevada was a sponsor of our team back in 2001
and last year Sierra Nevada began sponsoring a small semi-pro
cycling team.

-Ken

Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> "agreement" with the thieves of their name...

Seems like I recall from The Beer Hunter TV series that AH used the
name Budweiser before the Czech folks did.

Lance and I are pretty fond of Shiner Bock. I saw a lot of it on
Brasstown Bald.

**** Durbin
Tallahassee

**** Durbin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>> "agreement" with the thieves of their name...

> Seems like I recall from The Beer Hunter TV series that AH used the
> name Budweiser before the Czech folks did.

Brewed in the town of Ceske Budejovice (a centre of Czech beer manufacture
for 700 years known as Budweis in Germany) the brewery became producers of
the imperial beer in the mid 1500s rightly establishing its reputation as
one of Europe’s highest quality beers. Four and a half centuries on and
little has changed with the Budweiser Budvar brewery still using the same
clear water from the town’s 300m deep artesian well. A tour of the brewery
lasts around 1 hour and is a fascinating insight into the history and
science behind the Czech Republic’s favourite national pastime.

http://www.kasbah.com/highlights/czech_republic_discover_the_real_budweiser.htm

> Lance and I are pretty fond of Shiner Bock. I saw a lot of it on
> Brasstown Bald.

Yuck... It's about all you can find on tap in Hinsdale County CO after
climbing...

Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
> Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:06:55 +0000 (UTC), Clovis Lark
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?

>> I had high hopes for Arrogant ******* Ale ("You're not worthy! Hated
>> by many, loved by few"), but too much hops. Still, I may go for the
>> bar glasses. Voting again for Beamish - Guinness with character.

> How about a nice St. Pauly Girl?

> http://www.dragonswest.com/99/AdrianCooz.jpg

Now that's a hottie to sink yer teeth into!!!

Hey, anyone see my beer goggles? I must have misplaced them after the
rain stopped on the Col d'Aspin...

K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
> Clovis Lark <clark.ucs.ana.edu>...
>> Ken Papai <ken.com> wrote:
>>
>> > "Clovis Lark" <clark@edu...

>> > Q: Why is Budweiser and making love in a canoe similar?
>> > A: Because they're bothing ****ing close to water!
>> > ROTFLMAO!

>> Ken, laughing at your own joke is going to penalize you 4 pints.

> I did that acronymn on purpose and was hoping for a Legate reply.

I thought it was a shameless plug for your retail business reprinting the
Little Red Book...

>> But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?

> Last year after the Tour my brother and I did a blind tasting of IPA.
> I took photos and copious notes.

> Number One was Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.
> Anderson Valley's and Goose Island's were rated pretty high too.

> I memorilized it here in photos:
> http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/
> http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/IPAs4025.jpg

Some notables missing: Squatters IPA (Jen made a real winner)
Dogwood Breakdown
Uinta (half the alcohol, but all the taste)

> Some day I'd like to invite Chris McReynolds and Kyle Legate
> over for a taste-off. For sure and no kidding.
> Kunich could come too.

> Sierra Nevada was a sponsor of our team back in 2001
> and last year Sierra Nevada began sponsoring a small semi-pro
> cycling team.

I notice your catching up with me in the grayness?

Glenn Dowdy <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>> Yuck... It's about all you can find on tap in Hinsdale County CO after
>> climbing...
>>

> No Fat Tire?

> Glenn D.
> Fort Collins

No, now their Trippel, or Transatlantic Kriek... HOw's the Bier de Mars?

Clovis Lark <[email protected]>...
> K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Clovis Lark <clark.ucs.ana.edu>...
> >> Ken Papai <ken.com> wrote:
> >>

> > I did that acronymn on purpose and was hoping for a Legate reply.

> I thought it was a shameless plug for your retail business reprinting the
> Little Red Book...
>

> >> But, see, THIS is a discussion!!! Anyone for Monk's Flemish Sour?

> > Last year after the Tour my brother and I did a blind tasting of IPA.
> > I took photos and copious notes.

> > Number One was Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.
> > Anderson Valley's and Goose Island's were rated pretty high too.

> > I memorilized it here in photos:
> > http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/
> > http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/IPAs4025.jpg

> Some notables missing: Squatters IPA (Jen made a real winner)
> Dogwood Breakdown
> Uinta (half the alcohol, but all the taste)

We had to limit ourselves -- after 10 IPAs your taste buds start
to go. Even Canadians like Kyle or Aussies like Jeff are affected
by that much beer, I hope.

> > Some day I'd like to invite Chris McReynolds and Kyle Legate
> > over for a taste-off. For sure and no kidding.
> > Kunich could come too.
> > Sierra Nevada was a sponsor of our team back in 2001
> > and last year Sierra Nevada began sponsoring a small semi-pro
> > cycling team.

> I notice your catching up with me in the grayness?

The "STP" photos are of my younger brother. I shave my head (mostly
because it's better for training and less mess afterwards and definitely
cooler).

-Ken

"Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Glenn Dowdy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> Yuck... It's about all you can find on tap in Hinsdale County CO after
> >> climbing...
> >>

> > No Fat Tire?

> > Glenn D.
> > Fort Collins

> No, now their Trippel, or Transatlantic Kriek... HOw's the Bier de Mars?

Haven't tried it yet. Gimme 24 hours.

Glenn D.

Glenn Dowdy <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Glenn Dowdy <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > No Fat Tire?

>> > Glenn D.
>> > Fort Collins

>> No, now their Trippel, or Transatlantic Kriek... HOw's the Bier de Mars?
>>

> Haven't tried it yet. Gimme 24 hours.

Be on the podium tomorrow. I'll rip the yeller shirt off Voeckler's back
and award it to you! (PS, afraid you'll have to chase down the podium
gals and rassle them, if you want a kiss...)

> Glenn D.

K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
> Clovis Lark <[email protected]>...
>> K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Clovis Lark <clark.ucs.ana.edu>...
>> >>
>> > I did that acronymn on purpose and was hoping for a Legate reply.

>> I thought it was a shameless plug for your retail business reprinting the
>> Little Red Book...

>> > Last year after the Tour my brother and I did a blind tasting of IPA.
>> > I took photos and copious notes.

>> > Number One was Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.
>> > Anderson Valley's and Goose Island's were rated pretty high too.

>> > I memorilized it here in photos:
>> > http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/
>> > http://www.kenpapai.com/ipa/IPAs4025.jpg

>> Some notables missing: Squatters IPA (Jen made a real winner)
>> Dogwood Breakdown
>> Uinta (half the alcohol, but all the taste)

> We had to limit ourselves -- after 10 IPAs your taste buds start
> to go. Even Canadians like Kyle or Aussies like Jeff are affected
> by that much beer, I hope.

Ever the risk of overhopping the gullet...

>> > Some day I'd like to invite Chris McReynolds and Kyle Legate
>> > over for a taste-off. For sure and no kidding.
>> > Kunich could come too.
>> > Sierra Nevada was a sponsor of our team back in 2001
>> > and last year Sierra Nevada began sponsoring a small semi-pro
>> > cycling team.

>> I notice your catching up with me in the grayness?

> The "STP" photos are of my younger brother. I shave my head (mostly
> because it's better for training and less mess afterwards and definitely
> cooler).

> -Ken

While people slept, beer was touted as the recovery drink of choice on
the prerace show.

"Glenn Dowdy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Glenn Dowdy <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > No Fat Tire?

> > > Glenn D.
> > > Fort Collins

> > No, now their Trippel, or Transatlantic Kriek... HOw's the Bier de Mars?
> >

> Haven't tried it yet. Gimme 24 hours.
>
> Glenn D.

hey glenn, I'm a Dowdy in fc too :) Just moved late last year. I
usually bike up to the resevoir and rarely in horsetooth mountain,
lions, or the one adjacent to it. I must either have a **** bike or
just be weak because I can not make it up the mountain/hills in some
places. Most everyone else scales it without stopping :( 15% humidity
is nice, however