Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJF

Jun 27, 2010
A topic that most of us are as passionate about as riding. Please post your favorite beers from various regions for those of us who like to travel and enjoy a pint or two when we get there.

Most of my time has been spent in the Northwest United States in the Seattle area. A great place for beer lovers. More microbreweries than you can shake a stick at and most with very good products.

The last 2+ years I have been in Hawaii and I was very disappointed with local brews. But here are my suggestions.

Seattle Area:
1. Black Butte Porter from Bend, Oregon
2. Mac and Jack African Amber from Seattle area.
3. Pacemaker Porter from Whidbey Island, Washington (Flyers Rest and Brewery)

Black Butte is a great all around beer and available all over the area. Mac and Jack's is a local favorite and aways makes its way into the rotation. Pacemaker Porter...by far my favorite beer of all time. The only reason its at number 3 is because there is only one place that sells it and that is the brewery itself. So if you ever visit Whidbey Island and find yourself in the town of Oak Harbor I highly recommend a Pacemaker from Flyers.

Hawaii:
1. Pipeline Porter from the Big Island is brewed from local coffee and is very taste.
2. Longboard Pale Ale also from the big island is a local favorite and is...okay.

Hope everyone enjoyed this and is useful some day. Look forward to everyones replies.

My favourite pint from Yorkshire, in England is a pint of John Smiths bitter. When I'm in Europe there's that many types of lager that it's hard to choose a favourite. The bottom line for me when I'm abroad is if I'm hot and thirsty a bottle of any cold beer will do the trick.

Without beer this would not be called Earth that we live on, maybe just big ugly rock.
It is the glue of civilization.

been running (not riding) so much that beer tastes like sh!t for the most part nowadays.

the other night i had to force myself to drink the first few and then i remembered why i liked it to begin with, drunk some many more, woke up next to a fat girl and remembered why i didn't. :D

The best I've had was made by a guy who's a member at RBR, Weight Weenies, and FWB forums. He goes by Juanmoretime. I have no idea what "category" of beer it was. All I do know is that it came in a plain brown bottle, and like a good German beer, it tasted perfect at basement temp.

My go to beer when I go to the store, out to eat, or summat is Stella Artois.

Couple of my most memorable beers I've consumed have been ....... Local brew from Prague, Czech rep. Budvar?? Can't remember. Also....a heineken pint that came off a tap in amsterdam.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of nay Sayers.....but one of my regular go-to beers is Coors Light. Just the way it is. Being honest.

CdnRider said:
Couple of my most memorable beers I've consumed have been ....... Local brew from Prague, Czech rep. Budvar?? Can't remember.

Similar experience here. There's a healthy Czech community not too far from where I live now. Last year at the city-wide Czech festival the micro-brews were let loose. I couldn't tell you the name of any that I had, but they were good.

I haven't had a bad experience with any dark German beers either.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. If you like malty IPAs, you should definitely try this.
Also, Weyerbacher Simcoe IPA unfiltered
Dogfish Head Burton Baton
Founder's Old Curmedgeon Ale

Not for export Peroni. Its sort of an aquired taste. Samuel Adams is our best local beer. I lack originality in my taste in beer and like Budweiser Select.

In my opinion, there is a tie for the worst beer ever, Estrella Damm from Spain and Tusker Lager from Kenya. I would rather drink any American beer with formaldahyde than any of these two local brands.

tsujesh said:
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. If you like malty IPAs, you should definitely try this.
Also, Weyerbacher Simcoe IPA unfiltered
Dogfish Head Burton Baton
Founder's Old Curmedgeon Ale
Oh, man, does Dogfish Head make good stuff.

Wisconsin has some decent riding AND has plenty of good beers - Sprecher, New Glarus, Ale Asylum, Furthermore, etc.

KJF said:
Most of my time has been spent in the Northwest United States in the Seattle area. A great place for beer lovers. More microbreweries than you can shake a stick at and most with very good products.

The last 2+ years I have been in Hawaii and I was very disappointed with local brews. But here are my suggestions.

Seattle Area:
1. Black Butte Porter from Bend, Oregon
2. Mac and Jack African Amber from Seattle area.
3. Pacemaker Porter from Whidbey Island, Washington (Flyers Rest and Brewery)

Yeah! Baby!
Mac and Jac African Amber is the schniz dizzle!!!
I'm right with ya, mi amigo, on this topic. Before I came up here to Canada, Mac, Jack, and I all had this little thing goin' every couple days. LOL!
So smooth. So tasty. Got my mouth waterin' just thinkin' about 'em:D.
None of the beers up here can hold MnJ AA's wheel - not even close! I like Guiness, but it's nowhere as refined or smooth as MnJ. I truly miss it and haven't been able to find it up here....:-(

Some of my favorite's that can be bought in the store are Bass Ale, Whitbread Ale, and Killian's Red.

We've got a lot of micro breweries locally that have some really tasty beer too...but, I don't remember any of the names. ***hiccup*** :eek:

I'll have to try out some of these suggestions from you all. I do remember liking Blue
Moon when I head down south. With a slice of orange. Gives it a refreshing
taste.

Ant of you guys try some Sleeman or Upper Canada brews from up here? They both started off as micro breweries but eventually blew up and got huge.

I drank plenty of perroni in Italy. Don't rate it too high though. But when it's handy, it's plenty good!

There are way too many micro beers available up here to keep track of.

tsujesh said:

Two thumbs up on this one.
Unfortunately no chance of getting it here in the land of the hobbits, so there are a couple of good local alternatives.
Epic IPA and Tuatara IPA
Also Epic Mayhem.

CdnRider said:
I drank plenty of perroni in Italy. Don't rate it too high though. But when it's handy, it's plenty good!
Moretti is a waaaaaaaaaaay better Italian beer.

kdelong said:
Its sort of an aquired taste. Samuel Adams is our best local beer.

If you're in Ohio, Sam Adams hardly qualifies as "local" - company is located in Boston.