Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Radler or "Cyclist" cocktail is half lager beer and half lemon soda. I guess the idea is you can drink it for a bit of pep but it's too diluted to seriously impair your cycling. There's also the Shandy which is made with half ginger ale.

Has anyone else seen "Beer Wars"? Interesting film about the brewery business and how the big three (Anheuser-Busch, Coors and Bud) control the market and how upstart micro breweries try to get a foot hold.

I am a fan of craft beers and hate the dishwater that big three offer and I make every effort to avoid supporting those mega corps.

If you love beer and the vast varieties available today then please support the smaller brewers.

KJF said:
Has anyone else seen "Beer Wars"? Interesting film about the brewery business and how the big three (Anheuser-Busch, Coors and Bud) control the market and how upstart micro breweries try to get a foot hold.

I am a fan of craft beers and hate the dishwater that big three offer and I make every effort to avoid supporting those mega corps.

If you love beer and the vast varieties available today then please support the smaller brewers.

Stuff from the Big 3 tastes nearly as good as warm, three day old urine from a nursing home patient with a urinary tract infection, and that's a scientific fact.

KJF said:

Problem is A-B and Coors are going undercover and trying to offer "off-brand" stuff that LOOKS like craft brews. Or in A-B's case, buying up craft brewers and appropriating their product.

Not that size is an impediment to flavor - I do believe Newcastle, Guinness, and Sam Adams all qualify as "sizable" operations and they're all pretty f'in good. Not "the best" but pretty good.

garage sale GT said:
The Radler or "Cyclist" cocktail is half lager beer and half lemon soda. I guess the idea is you can drink it for a bit of pep but it's too diluted to seriously impair your cycling. There's also the Shandy which is made with half ginger ale.

that's pretty cool and makes sense. next time on the pub crawl bike ride i'll try those.

roadhouse said:
that's pretty cool and makes sense. next time on the pub crawl bike ride i'll try those.
I am told they use pilsner or lager beer. I basically mentioned it because it was cycling-related. I only tried it once, with Pilsner Urquell and Sprite, and concluded that they must have a very different type of lemon soda in Germany. Way too sweet. Maybe half beer, one quarter Sprite, one quarter seltzer, and a dash of lemon juice would work. Or maybe just leave out the Sprite.

Edit: Well, I looked online and apparently, that's how people have it, half 7-Up and half beer. Maybe 7-Up is drier than Sprite.