Before or after breakfast?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Francispoon, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Most of my doctors, including a high-flying Stanford graduate, claim that it does not matter whether
    to take bp medication before or after breakfast.

    My own experience seems to suggest that it DOES!

    For example, the Chinese like to drink a lot of tea with their breakfast. Some of the tea might have
    very strong property that may neutralize the medication. In this case, bp medication should be done
    AFTER the breakfast.

    The instruction on Dyazide provided by the manufacturer clearly states that Dyazide should be taken
    AFTER breakfast and this medication should be stopped upon the development of 'fullness' feeling.

    I am taking Zestril and Dyazide at the same time before breakfast, as it seems to produce a more
    powerful combination this way. I wonder if it is ok to take Zestril before breakfast and Dyazide
    right after breakfast. Would the effect be the same?

    Comments, please.

    FP

    Tags:

  2. Dr. Partz

    Dr. Partz Guest

    "francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Most of my doctors, including a high-flying Stanford graduate, claim that it does not matter
    > whether to take bp medication before or after breakfast.

    ... In much the same way, I always prescribe medicinal tobacco to be smoked DURING meals.

    Dr. Partz Little Boxes Nursing Home http://www.littleboxes.nl "Oh you can trust me - I'm a Doctor"

  3. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Partz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Most of my doctors, including a high-flying Stanford graduate, claim that it does not matter
    > > whether to take bp medication before or after breakfast.
    >
    > ... In much the same way, I always prescribe medicinal tobacco to be smoked DURING meals.

    My experience suggests the best time to take medication is right before breakfast.

    By the way, what is medicinal tobacco? Is there such a thing?

    FP