Before or after breakfast?

Francispoon

Guest
Most of my doctors, including a high-flying Stanford graduate, claim that it does not matter whether
to take bp medication before or after breakfast.

My own experience seems to suggest that it DOES!

For example, the Chinese like to drink a lot of tea with their breakfast. Some of the tea might have
very strong property that may neutralize the medication. In this case, bp medication should be done
AFTER the breakfast.

The instruction on Dyazide provided by the manufacturer clearly states that Dyazide should be taken
AFTER breakfast and this medication should be stopped upon the development of 'fullness' feeling.

I am taking Zestril and Dyazide at the same time before breakfast, as it seems to produce a more
powerful combination this way. I wonder if it is ok to take Zestril before breakfast and Dyazide
right after breakfast. Would the effect be the same?

Comments, please.

FP

"francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Most of my doctors, including a high-flying Stanford graduate, claim that it does not matter
> whether to take bp medication before or after breakfast.

... In much the same way, I always prescribe medicinal tobacco to be smoked DURING meals.

Dr. Partz Little Boxes Nursing Home http://www.littleboxes.nl "Oh you can trust me - I'm a Doctor"

"Dr. Partz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Most of my doctors, including a high-flying Stanford graduate, claim that it does not matter
> > whether to take bp medication before or after breakfast.
>
> ... In much the same way, I always prescribe medicinal tobacco to be smoked DURING meals.

My experience suggests the best time to take medication is right before breakfast.

By the way, what is medicinal tobacco? Is there such a thing?

FP