Before We See a Bike Friendly World

Originally Posted by st0ut
"Exactly. which one of us is actully riding. and which one is only
taking crdit from the boardwalk?"

Like i said Don you are part of the problem. please stop helping us.
with frineds like you we do not need enemies.

You are beyond help. You sound like a communist bunch... sacrifice,
death and quoting Mao.

Banana Revolution is different, you know. Like "Life's a beach!" Go to
Key West to see what I mean. Just go easy with the beer, enough to
keep you upright.

Well, we use something better...

Banana Daiquiri
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink591.html

Hey, I don't feel like giving speeches here, but since I wrote it I
may as well use it, no?

"THE WORLD IS A JUNGLE; NOW LET'S TAME IT!"

The metaphor of the jungle is the perfect one for the world nowadays.
Some are the big winners, and some are the big losers. China wins so
Haiti struggles to survive. One must die so the other one lives.
That's Globalization.

And then some big countries swallow the little ones, because they are
rich in this or that resource. Pretty much like the dinosaurs would
have done with anything smaller in their path. And along with it the
resources if the little people go down the drain. Then there's no
money for healthcare or averting an environmental catastrophe.

But the Law of the Jungle is also at play on our roads. The SUVs reign
supreme while the bicycles are fair game. Everything is upside down.
The winner takes all. There's no morality. "Where's the money?" no
questions asked...

So it is that, like in the jungle, everything in the modern world is
interrelated. Haiti with China, war with poverty and environmental
degradation, and bikes with SUVs.

Well, a comprehensive solution is in order. Not until the philosophy
of the Law of the Jungle is totally discredited and abandoned, we will
be able to call the world civilized.

COMING OUT OF THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote1

On Jun 9, 10:51 am, ComandanteBanana <[email protected]>
wrote:
> We need to be aware of things that must happen in the psychological
> and physical world, namely "small is better" and traditional
> neighborhoods, aka "New Urbanism" or European style cities.
>
> So, we can wait for the world to notice us and open bike facilities
> for us, but before we must part with the mentality that bigger is
> better (SUVs) and that the sprawl is the ultimate solution to escape
> the urban jungle...
>
> I didn't want to talk about the monkey, but he knows all about
> cooperative living...
>
> What is a TND?
>
> The acronym TND stands for Traditional Neighborhood Development, a
> comprehensive planning system that includes a variety of housing types
> and land uses in a defined area. The variety of uses permits
> educational facilities, civic buildings and commercial establishments
> to be located within walking distance of private homes. A TND is
> served by a network of paths, streets and lanes suitable for
> pedestrians as well as vehicles. This provides residents the option of
> walking, biking or driving to places within their neighborhood.
> Present and future modes of transit are also considered during the
> planning stages.
>
> Public and private spaces have equal importance, creating a balanced
> community that serves a wide range of home and business owners. The
> inclusion of civic buildings and civic space -- in the form of plazas,
> greens, parks and squares -- enhances community identity and value.
>
> For more information about new urbanism, see the article Welcome to
> the New Urbanism.
>
> Hey, you can even check such neighborhoods near you and take a spin
> with your bike --which I plan to do.
>
> TND Neighborhoods by State and Country
>
> http://tndtownpaper.com/neighborhoods.htm
>
> WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
> (reason #1000: because we need to live in bike friendly places)http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I read recently that "big oil" has been using people to infiltrate
newsgroups, blogs, and other internet-related "media" to convince
people that alternative energy is bad, unreliable, and environmentally
questionable so that we take it slow. In particular, they want to
disuade us from things like bikes and walking. They are using
marginally employed people and those of the fringes of society to do
this work.

So, ConandanteBanana, your gig is up. You've been exposed as a pawn
of the oil industry.

Your efforts to humiliate and embarass bicyclers is now shown for what
it's worth -- a feeble attempt to ridicule bicyclers with your absurd
statements and bizzare theories. You may have had a few people hold
bikers in distain because of your rantings, but now your motives are
clear, even that effect will wain because of your ties to big oil.

You are now, officially, the biggest sleeze I've ever seen. You're
disgusting.

On Jun 17, 10:18 am, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]

> people that alternative energy is bad, unreliable, and environmentally
> questionable so that we take it slow.  In particular, they want to
> disuade us from things like bikes and walking.  They are using
> marginally employed people and those of the fringes of society to do
> this work.
>
> So, ConandanteBanana, your gig is up.  You've been exposed as a pawn
> of the oil industry.
>
> Your efforts to humiliate and embarass bicyclers is now shown for what
> it's worth -- a feeble attempt to ridicule bicyclers with your absurd
> statements and bizzare theories.  You may have had a few people hold
> bikers in distain because of your rantings, but now your motives are
> clear, even that effect will wain because of your ties to big oil.
>
> You are now, officially, the biggest sleeze I've ever seen.  You're

Hey Pat, you've got the lowest IQ I've seen in a long while. Well, you
are a city planner who lives in the boondocks because you hate the
city. Or so you said.

Well, you can't be #1 in the stupid rating only because we have a
president --and the people who voted for him-- who decided that
launching a war over oil was a better idea than developing alternative
transportation and bikes.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:18:19 -0700 (PDT), Pat
<[email protected]> said in
<1c2c0f39-b65d-46cc-a046-c666668f06ff@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>:

>I read recently that "big oil" has been using people to infiltrate
>newsgroups, blogs, and other internet-related "media" to convince
>people that alternative energy is bad, unreliable, and environmentally
>questionable so that we take it slow.

You mean astroturfing? Old news.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On 17 juin, 14:18, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:

> I read recently that "big oil" has been using people to infiltrate
> newsgroups, blogs, and other internet-related "media" to convince
> people that alternative energy is bad, unreliable, and environmentally
> questionable so that we take it slow. In particular, they want to
> disuade us from things like bikes and walking. They are using
> marginally employed people and those of the fringes of society to do
> this work.
>
> So, ConandanteBanana, your gig is up. You've been exposed as a pawn
> of the oil industry.
>
> Your efforts to humiliate and embarass bicyclers is now shown for what
> it's worth -- a feeble attempt to ridicule bicyclers with your absurd
> statements and bizzare theories. You may have had a few people hold
> bikers in distain because of your rantings, but now your motives are
> clear, even that effect will wain because of your ties to big oil.
>
> You are now, officially, the biggest sleeze I've ever seen. You're
> disgusting.

Do you mind that I agree with you ? Like probably many others.

Yet, I wonder how many people read this newsgroup? Is it worth the
time, even for a trillion $ turnover company/cartel?

No doubt that there are opinion makers at work. Though here?

If they exist, they must all use the same methods -learnt at the same
course- this should help us to recognize them!

The best answer is to be more what they want us not to be: 'disgust
them harder than they try to disgust us :)'

We are enthusiastic, we should win!

Welcome aboard,

Sholly

On Jun 18, 7:46 am, jp1138 <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 17 juin, 14:18, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > I read recently that "big oil" has been using people to infiltrate
> > newsgroups, blogs, and other internet-related "media" to convince
> > people that alternative energy is bad, unreliable, and environmentally
> > questionable so that we take it slow.  In particular, they want to
> > disuade us from things like bikes and walking.  They are using
> > marginally employed people and those of the fringes of society to do
> > this work.

> > So, ConandanteBanana, your gig is up.  You've been exposed as a pawn
> > of the oil industry.

> > Your efforts to humiliate and embarass bicyclers is now shown for what
> > it's worth -- a feeble attempt to ridicule bicyclers with your absurd
> > statements and bizzare theories.  You may have had a few people hold
> > bikers in distain because of your rantings, but now your motives are
> > clear, even that effect will wain because of your ties to big oil.

> > You are now, officially, the biggest sleeze I've ever seen.  You're
> > disgusting.

> Do you mind that I agree with you ? Like probably many others.
>
> Yet, I wonder how many people read this newsgroup? Is it worth the
> time, even for a trillion $ turnover company/cartel?
>
> No doubt that there are opinion makers at work. Though here?
>
> If they exist, they must all use the same methods -learnt at the same
> course- this should help us to recognize them!
>
> The best answer is to be more what they want us not to be: 'disgust
> them harder than they try to disgust us :)'
>
> We are enthusiastic, we should win!
>
> Welcome aboard,
>
> Sholly- Hide quoted text -

I'm considering a multimillion dollar contract by GM to promote
foldable bikes. ;)

I mean it, foldable bikes are a big part of the solution!

The world of "big and stupid" is under attack. "Small IS Better" says
the chihuahua...

http://blogs.metrowestdailynews.com...ntent/uploads/2007/10/taco_bell_chihuahua.jpg