Begininner Price/Bike Opinion - CAAD 10

davexd

Apr 25, 2013
Hey Guys, I'm new to road cycling and just made my first purchase, is it a good deal? I only casually bike a old $400 trek hybrid the past few years and decided to upgrade to a road.

I believe this is a Caad 10-3? But when I google the the model it the colors doesn't look like a 10-3. Anyways I was just wondering if I made a decent/good deal, feel nervous purchasing a $1500 bike online.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Cannondale-CAAD-10-/261203746077?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=n58xJJPMXtWptysJBJWBUphiNUs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I would suggest that you go by a reputable bike shop and purchase a bike. Bikes come in many different styles and sizes. A pro will suggest a bike depending on your body type, fitness level and the type of riding you plan to do. They will then fit you to the bike. You could get the best deal online, but if its not the right style or size for you it is pretty much worthless. At the very least go by a bike shop and demo some just so you know what size frame you need and then go shopping online.

Hey davexd, sorry I misread your post. Looks like you have already purchased the bike. You can look at some bike sizing charts and see if the 54 cm frame is right for you. I would still suggest you go by a bike shop and let them fit you to the bike. Good looking bike.