Beginner cyclist's blog

paulmcl89

Feb 4, 2013
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Hi everyone,[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I'm involved a bit in organising a charity cycle, hopefully some of you have heard of; the Maynooth Students for Charity Galway Cycle, from Maynooth to Galway (Ireland, 200 Km each way) and back. Now this is my first year to cycle it, and up until recently I hadn't really ever cycled, bar when I was growing up having a mountain bike. [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]So I've bought a bike (nothing overly expensive but good for me), and I'm training to do the cycle, and I'm really enjoying it and plan to do much more cycling after, I really love it. [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I've started a blog, which is aimed to be something along the lines of a beginner's training diary, talking about my rides and also a bit about the organisation of the cycle itself. Now I'm no journalist and I don't have an awful lot of time to spend writing the blog, but I'll give it a go. Anyway, I hope it's okay to post the link to it here and hopefully you guys will check it out, and feel free to pass the link on to anyone who may be interested. I'm doing this for myself as a training motivator, and maybe some other beginner cyclists might get something useful from it as time goes on. Also, to raise awareness about the cycle itself and possibly raise some funds. The beneficiary this year is the Jack and Jill Children's Foundation. I've made a good few posts since I started it last week, but a lot of them are backdated to cycles I did a month or two ago.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]So, I know most of you guys are very experienced cyclists, so please don't be too harsh on me, and by all means give me your feedback, it will be greatly appreciated.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Here's the link:[/COLOR] http://cycle2galway.wordpress.com/ [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Thanks,[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Paul[/COLOR]

good blog sorry to hear about the flat- I've had those days where your tire magically finds everything you don't want to hit