Beginner to crits

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by kyra, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. kyra

    kyra New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    Hi all,

    I want to start crits in the next week or so and want to know what I need to do to get involved. If I join a club, must I then compete in only their crits? Can I compete in other crits, like port melb, st kilda, caufield?? I am looking at joining Hawthorn CC, but don't necessarily want to start with the kew crits.

    Any help is appreciated as always,

    Bill

    Tags:

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "kyra" <[email protected]
    > I want to start crits in the next week or so and want to know what I
    > need to do to get involved. If I join a club, must I then compete in
    > only their crits?

    No.

    > Can I compete in other crits, like port melb, st
    > kilda, caufield?? I am looking at joining Hawthorn CC, but don't
    > necessarily want to start with the kew crits.

    Join one, race them all.

    hippy

  3. NickZX6R

    NickZX6R Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > "kyra" <[email protected]
    >
    >>I want to start crits in the next week or so and want to know what I
    >>need to do to get involved. If I join a club, must I then compete in
    >>only their crits?

    > No.
    >

    >>Can I compete in other crits, like port melb, st
    >>kilda, caufield?? I am looking at joining Hawthorn CC, but don't
    >>necessarily want to start with the kew crits.

    > Join one, race them all.
    >
    > hippy

    Pokritmon - Gotta Race 'Em All!!!???

    Hmmm...I think I've been reading too many hippy posts.

    --
    Nick

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    but dont you need a CA licence (or day licence) to race elsewhere?
    Thawt my Hawthorn membership limited me to Kew only

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "NickZX6R" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Pokritmon - Gotta Race 'Em All!!!???
    >
    > Hmmm...I think I've been reading too many hippy posts.

    You should try posting them all! ;-)

    postwhore hippy

  6. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Yeah, you can join Hawthorn Cyling Club but pay for a full CA licence. That way you can race anywhere.

  7. kyra

    kyra New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    excellent, thanks gents... I'm going to join hawthorn cc and subscribe to the CA licence.