beginner training schedule

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Gary Poindexter, May 24, 2003.

  1. I am new to the sport and need a workout schedule to train for my first Tri...any help would be
    appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  3. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest

    On 05/24/03 2:14 PM, "Gary Poindexter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am new to the sport and need a workout schedule to train for my first Tri...any help would be
    > appreciated.

    Pick up a copy of Gale Bernhardt's "Training Plans for Multisport Athletes". It got me through my
    first sprint and Olympic races and covers most of the basics well enough to get you going.

    <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188473782X/qid%3D1053998430/sr%3D11-
    1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-1841327-0907863>

    Next year, after you get the tri bug and have a better idea of what you're capable of, you'll want
    to add Joe Friel's "Triathlete's Training Bible" to your library.

    John

  4. Brandon

    Brandon Guest

    In preparation for reading Friel's book in the future, keep detailed records of your workouts /
    times / etc. this year. I'm also new to the sport, and am reading TTB right now. It's going to be
    very helpful....after I have at least a years worth of training and racing data to build
    schedules on.

  5. Ditto, mate. I think the Tri Bible is bests.

    Steve.