beginner training schedule

G

Gary Poindexter

I am new to the sport and need a workout schedule to train for my first Tri...any help would be
appreciated.

On 05/24/03 2:14 PM, "Gary Poindexter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am new to the sport and need a workout schedule to train for my first Tri...any help would be
> appreciated.

Pick up a copy of Gale Bernhardt's "Training Plans for Multisport Athletes". It got me through my
first sprint and Olympic races and covers most of the basics well enough to get you going.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188473782X/qid%3D1053998430/sr%3D11-
1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-1841327-0907863>

Next year, after you get the tri bug and have a better idea of what you're capable of, you'll want
to add Joe Friel's "Triathlete's Training Bible" to your library.

John

In preparation for reading Friel's book in the future, keep detailed records of your workouts /
times / etc. this year. I'm also new to the sport, and am reading TTB right now. It's going to be
very helpful....after I have at least a years worth of training and racing data to build
schedules on.

Ditto, mate. I think the Tri Bible is bests.

Steve.

On 27 May 2003 06:07:04 -0700, [email protected] (Brandon) wrote:

>In preparation for reading Friel's book in the future, keep detailed records of your workouts /
>times / etc. this year. I'm also new to the sport, and am reading TTB right now. It's going to be
>very helpful....after I have at least a years worth of training and racing data to build
>schedules on.