beginner tri questions: bike tubes and wetsuit

I'm a beginnger triathlete...The tubes on my bike have been on for a
while. Should I change them before a race? And if water temp is in the
low 70's (air temp will be mid to high 60's), is a wetsuit an absolute?

Thanks.

as

How long is awhile? and the answer is no unless you can put at least 2x
the distance of your tri ride in before your tri. If you do it without
doing some riding prior odds are you will get a silly pinch flat or have
a defective tube.

I have done low 70's with both a wetsuit (sleeveless) and without, I
would say its not an absolute and with a full you might be a little warm
with that low air temp but its kind of your discretion I would say.

Really depends on the distance and you. If it is a short sprint lake
swim maybe not, if it is a long half IM than probably so. If it is Tri
USA sanctioned the rules will allow suits up to 72 if I recall
correctly (I probably don't because I can't recall the last time I swam
in a warm race, Oceanside 1/2 IM this year was down in the 50s and they
let people wear booties!).