Beginning the SIXTH WEEK on Monday

Trentus

Guest
My work decided to reduce us to running one vehicle and this means I now no longer have a work
vehicle but must RIDE to get to the other vehicle.

However I haven't had a bike to ride, because the LBS has not being able to replace my broken forks
for over 6 weeks while they waited for the forks to arrive in the country.

But with NO BIKE to ride while they replace my fork, I've had to ride a POJ Dunlop sitting in the
garage (in case a friend wants to ride with me, though I'd not give an enemy this bike to ride, it's
worse than a POJ).

And the good thing that has come from this delay is that riding this POJ bike has made me realise
just how well my other bike actually DID fit me. (Besides, I had them check it on me when I put it
in for the fork replacement).

This POJ is an old teenagers bike, and it REALLY doesn't fit!!! I used to think the proper bike
didn't fit, but now I know what a poor fitting bike actually feels like.

So now when I get my bike back on yet another promised "Monday for sure" I'll not only know I
actually DO fit this bike, but I'll also know how BAD a bike feels when it doesn't fit.

And, besides, after a few weeks of riding this POJ I'll also be ever so much more appreciative of my
proper bike. And I suspect that since the shocks it's getting are vastly better than the ones that
were on it, then I'll appreciate it even more for that reason too.

So now I can only assume that the reason I felt this bike didn't fit me (when the LBS has confirmed
that it does) was because of years of riding a road racing bike before going "off-road" and the
difference in position made it feel so alien that it felt like a poor fit. At least that's my
assumption (but I'd still like a seatpost that bends backwards a little so that on downhill sections
(my favourite) I can get my bum a little further back without putting the crown jewels over the top
of the spinning IRC Mythos XC's quite so much.

Trentus

"Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:tk%[email protected]...
> My work decided to reduce us to running one vehicle and this means I now
no
> longer have a work vehicle but must RIDE to get to the other vehicle.
>
> However I haven't had a bike to ride, because the LBS has not being able
> replace my broken forks for over 6 weeks while they waited for the forks
> arrive in the country.
>
> But with NO BIKE to ride while they replace my fork, I've had to ride a
POJ
> Dunlop sitting in the garage (in case a friend wants to ride with me,
though
> I'd not give an enemy this bike to ride, it's worse than a POJ).
>
> And the good thing that has come from this delay is that riding this POJ bike has made me realise
> just how well my other bike actually DID fit me. (Besides, I had them check it on me when I put it
> in for the fork replacement).
>
> This POJ is an old teenagers bike, and it REALLY doesn't fit!!! I used to think the proper bike
> didn't fit, but now I know what a poor fitting bike actually feels like.
>
> So now when I get my bike back on yet another promised "Monday for sure" I'll not only know I
> actually DO fit this bike, but I'll also know how BAD
> bike feels when it doesn't fit.
>
> And, besides, after a few weeks of riding this POJ I'll also be ever so much more appreciative of
> my proper bike. And I suspect that since the shocks it's getting are vastly better than the ones
> that were on it, then I'll appreciate it even more for that reason too.
>
> So now I can only assume that the reason I felt this bike didn't fit me (when the LBS has
> confirmed that it does) was because of years of riding
> road racing bike before going "off-road" and the difference in position
made
> it feel so alien that it felt like a poor fit. At least that's my
assumption
> (but I'd still like a seatpost that bends backwards a little so that on downhill sections (my
> favourite) I can get my bum a little further back without putting the crown jewels over the top of
> the spinning IRC Mythos XC's quite so much.
>
> Trentus

"And, besides, after a few weeks of riding this POJ I'll also be ever so much more appreciative of
my proper bike. "

Print this out and pin to wall above "other bike" when it returns from shop with beautiful new
forks. Just as a reminder for those days when nothing goes right, the derailleur ***** itself, the
brakes won't brake, the seat post keeps slipping as the noise from the drivetrain drowns out the
hissing noise coming from both tyres at the same time.... :)

Good luck with Monday. I'd be climbing the walls by now.

Westie

> Good luck with Monday. I'd be climbing the walls by now.
>
> Westie

Climbing the walls and the furniture, along with pulling out my hair and all sorts of other stress
related symptoms. Tuesday I finally got the bike, new shocks and all, and I'm about to go hit the
trail. Alas my usual riding partner had to put road tyres on his bike because he was clocking up
massive hours on road while he had no car. And the rotter didn't get around to putting his dirt
tyres back on last night, so here I am with a better dirt bike than ever, and he can only join me
for a ride around the lake on the cyclepath. BUGGER!!!

Now I'm going to have to hit the dirt on my own before meeting him down the lake for a
REEEEEAAALLLLY *FLAT* ride around a really boring bitumen path. Well at least it will be on MY OWN
BIKE not on that POJ and any ride (dare I even say a road ride) is better than no ride.

Trentus