Beginning Unicycling in NZ

Uni Mad

Sep 1, 2007
:eek: I am 11 years old and live in new -zealand.I just got a unicycle from trademe on the 31 of agust 2007. I really enjoed reading the attitude page. My unicycle it has not arrived yet and and probably wont arrive untill friday 7 of september (I cant wait). I was just wondering when I get my unicycle as I am just a begginer and never even ride one before when I start should I roll back and forward while holding a pole or something like that and then just push off and see how long I can go for or should I just go in betwen two people untill I get the feel of it thanks unicycling pro people.:confused:

Hey there, probably the best way to get started is to find a smooth place with a hand rail or wall and ride along it. Sometimes you'll wind up chocking someone if you try using a person for balance. Frustration may creep in , but you need to be patient with yourself. Set reasonable goals, like on day one you can get on it with a wall for support, or two walls if you can ride in a hall way. Day two, tell yourself you'll be happy if you can roll around between the two walls somewhat comfortably or with a rail. Maybe day three you can let go and roll a little on your own. Make sure your seat isn't too high so when you bail you won't go too far out of control, but then again you're young, and you bounce a lot better than us old guys.