Behold...

Ronaldo Jeremiah

Guest
....the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):

http://tinyurl.com/7yt47

-RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
what he would offer for it.

Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:

> ...the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7yt47
>
> -RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
> what he would offer for it.

Hey--Stephen Swart is an ebayer!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

"Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ...the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7yt47
>
> -RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
> what he would offer for it.

I once had a bike painted a mélange of colors like that by John Slawta. I
was told that it looked like someone had eaten a Bomb Pop, then vomited on
the frame.

> "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > ...the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/7yt47
> >
> > -RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
> > what he would offer for it.

> I once had a bike painted a mélange of colors like that by John Slawta. I
> was told that it looked like someone had eaten a Bomb Pop, then vomited on
> the frame.

That was cool for several years in the 80s. Didn't Landshark or some other
US builder sort of build his brand on that look?

"Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ...the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7yt47
>
> -RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
> what he would offer for it.

Sort of reminds me of me circa early 80's Schwinn "World" 10-speed. Fugly
indeed.
Jeff

I hate to say it in public but I like the look of that thing.

JT

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:35:32 GMT, "Monty" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>All bikes should be flat black, don't even look at this one...

All bikes should be bright red with white lugs, red cut-outs.

No points for: Lugs? Cutouts?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >All bikes should be flat black, don't even look at this one...

> All bikes should be bright red with white lugs, red cut-outs.
>
> No points for: Lugs? Cutouts?

Should the cutouts have any particular shape?

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:31:09 -0400, Curtis L. Russell
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:35:32 GMT, "Monty" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>All bikes should be flat black, don't even look at this one...

>All bikes should be bright red with white lugs, red cut-outs.
>
>No points for: Lugs? Cutouts?

Wrong!

Steel frames, nickel plated. Goes with everything.

Ron

Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:

> ...the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7yt47
>
> -RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
> what he would offer for it.

Looks like the wrong stem for that year.

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I once had a bike painted a mélange of colors like that by John Slawta. I
> was told that it looked like someone had eaten a Bomb Pop, then vomited on
> the frame.

You were told this by the infamous "ex-wife", no doubt.

-ilan

"Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> > I once had a bike painted a mélange of colors like that by John Slawta.

> > was told that it looked like someone had eaten a Bomb Pop, then vomited

on
> > the frame.

> You were told this by the infamous "ex-wife", no doubt.

Actually, no. Fellow bike racer.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:07:05 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> >All bikes should be flat black, don't even look at this one...

>> All bikes should be bright red with white lugs, red cut-outs.
>>
>> No points for: Lugs? Cutouts?
>>

>Should the cutouts have any particular shape?

Partial to card symbols, like clubs or spades. Or anything done by
R.Sachs.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> ...the _fredliest_ of all fred bikes (cue heavenly music):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7yt47

This bike reminds me of the Colnago's and some other Italian bikes
that come out during the Milan biks show. They try and make their
bikes as garish as possible.

> -RJ, who estimates the reserve on this bike is about 150,000 times
> what he would offer for it.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:31:17 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:57:13 -0500, Carl Sundquist wrote:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/7yt47

>>I once had a bike painted a mélange of colors like that by John Slawta. I
>>was told that it looked like someone had eaten a Bomb Pop, then vomited on
>>the frame.

>Here's the matching jersey:
>http://www.prendas.co.uk/images/full/honchar_ss_super.jpg

I just realized that frame and this jersey could be taken as clothing
for "Team Gay Pride."

I like the frame.

JT

John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> I hate to say it in public but I like the look of that thing.

I was going to insult it but then realized I have a bike
with a yellow to purple fade, so I can't talk. Mine is
classier though. Yeah, right. At least mine doesn't have
goofy little clouds and moons on the headtube. It also cost
about 5% as much and gets ridden 5000% more.