Being teased/bullied?

zzzzhjv456

Jun 27, 2019
I've mentioned this a bit before here on Cycling Forums, but I only just noticed this section of the forum recently, and thought maybe some people here might be able to offer encouragement or have gone through similar experiences.

I'm sure it is like this everywhere, but where I live I've noticed an exceptional amount of pressure put on people to look good, especially with notice to weight. I've had a lot of problems with my weight ever since I began to get sick. Not being able to exercise often because of pain caused by fibromyalgia & an autoimmune disorder mixed with medication that causes weight gain had my weight double in less than a year. I'm doing my best to lose weight - thought having difficulties that my doctor is trying to help me get through - as well as to get back into good shape again. Biking is my favorite way to go about that.

I'm sure it is like this everywhere, but where I live I've noticed an exceptional amount of pressure put on people to look good, especially with notice to weight. I've had a lot of problems with my weight .....
How do you know people are looking at you and think you don't look right? Why do you care what anyone else thinks? When they pay for your bike, clothing and everything else about you, then perhaps it's time to make sure you look good to them. Apparently, you are self-conscious about your weight. A lot of people are, but our own self-consciousness condemns us, it's not other people doing that. You're out there, riding, and that's what matters.