belated bike washing tip

max

Guest
No doubt several of you will cluck and say to yourselves "no, really?? Do go
on..." when you read this...

After complaining to myself for many about not having a convenient way to
wash the crud off my bike during the winter, i had a realization: i don't
need a garden hose!!

So last night I used a small garden sprayer (only ever filled with water, to
hose off my parrot -- no pesticides or poinsons or fertilizer, only ever
water!) and filled it with warm water.

Spritzed off all the grit and road/riverside MUP cruft (goose ****!) with
less than 1/2 gallon and the gears look a lot better. I used a chainstay
stand to hold it upright in the driveway.

So there you go: water in a garden sprayer. Only took me ~~~ a decade to
figure it out. :)

Use one with a hose/wand attachment, like this:
<http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE-962111reg.jpg>

I think i'll be buying one for work, soon. seriously.

..max

max wrote:
> No doubt several of you will cluck and say to yourselves "no, really?? Do go
> on..." when you read this...
>
> After complaining to myself for many about not having a convenient way to
> wash the crud off my bike during the winter, i had a realization: i don't
> need a garden hose!!
>
> So last night I used a small garden sprayer (only ever filled with water, to
> hose off my parrot -- no pesticides or poinsons or fertilizer, only ever
> water!) and filled it with warm water.
>
> Spritzed off all the grit and road/riverside MUP cruft (goose ****!) with
> less than 1/2 gallon and the gears look a lot better. I used a chainstay
> stand to hold it upright in the driveway.
>
> So there you go: water in a garden sprayer. Only took me ~~~ a decade to
> figure it out. :)
>
> Use one with a hose/wand attachment, like this:
> <http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE-962111reg.jpg>
>
> I think i'll be buying one for work, soon. seriously.
>

> .max

Funny. I remember reading a post about that method a while back, and
said "DUH" why didn't I think of that!

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Ken M wrote:
> max wrote:
>

>> So there you go: water in a garden sprayer. Only took me ~~~ a
>> decade to figure it out. :)
>>
>> Use one with a hose/wand attachment, like this:
>> <http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE-962111reg.jpg>
>>

>> .max

> Funny. I remember reading a post about that method a while back, and
> said "DUH" why didn't I think of that!
>
> Ken

Thanks for the tip but I think I'll get one to wash my dog!

--
Check out my bike blog!
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

>> Use one with a hose/wand attachment, like this:
>> <http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE-962111reg.jpg>
>>
>> I think i'll be buying one for work, soon. seriously.

it looks like R2D2's mother's douche kit.

"Roger Houston" wrote: it looks like R2D2's mother's douche kit.
And how would you know that?

Have a look at this method, it may work for you:
http://www.purpleextreme.com/cleaning.html

news:[email protected]...