Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Belgian cobbles and boutique wheels...

Started by Basjan · · Last activity · 1 post · 317 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 October 2004
Last activity
19 October 2004
Original author
Basjan
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
317
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had the privilige to ride a nice Belgian route around Leuven (close to
    Brussels), hitting some very nasty cobble sections. The WH-7701 wheels held
    up fine, still true, but the back wheel did flex a bit, in and out of ruts.
    Needless to say the bike looks like a pig sty, given the wonderful Belgian
    fall weather, with all the rain and mud. I reckoned that a 12-25 cassette
    was a "sissy" option for Belgium, but we did a 18% cobbled climb in rain and
    I was suffering. I was slipping all over the place and eventually,
    shamefully (!) had to get off.

    General wear-and-tear on the bike and parts is jaw-dropping, I certainly
    have gained a lot of respect for the Roubaix folks and their gear...

    Basjan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.