Belgian expectations

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ewoud Dronkert, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. From paper Het Laatste Nieuws, via http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=427&g=0&s=1&r=0&x=1

    * Ludo Dierckxsens (Landbouwkrediet): "I want to be good in April and play my part in the spring
    classics."

    * Christophe Brandt (Lotto-Domo): "Paris-Nice, Walloon classics, and the Tour: that's the
    continuous thread. In the Tour I want to be top 20."

    * Niko Eeckhout (Lotto-Domo): "Winning races is my continuing ambition. The Flemish classics are my
    main goal."

    * Chris Peers (Cofidis): "I want to become the Peers from 2001 again. When that works out, I want
    to shoot a main prize, somewhere between Het Volk and the Gold Race."

    * Tom Boonen (Quick.Step): "I ask for some patience. I'm only 22 and can steadily mature behind
    Bettini, Museeuw or VDB."

    * Rik Verbrugghe (Lotto-Domo): "I aim high: podium in the Giro, top 10 in the Tour. The Ardennes
    classics have my priority leading up to the Giro."

    * Tom Steels (Landbouwkrediet): "I won't name any particular race, but I want to win. My dream: to
    beat Cipollini wearing his rainbow jersey."

    * Serge Baguet (Lotto-Domo): "Same goal as last year: shine in the classics and win a Tour stage."

    * Dave Bruylandts (Marlux): "I want to win some races, be a player in the Ardennes classics, and
    end up in the top 5 in some minor tour."

    * Axel Merckx (Lotto-Domo): "In LBL I will sacrifice myself for Verbrugghe. Giro or Tour, I've not
    decided yet. If I ride the Tour, I want to finish with more reserves than before. I need those
    for Worlds."

    * Kurt Van de Wouwer (Quick.Step): "I expect a good Tour. I won't commit to some classification or
    a stage victory. I take it as it comes."

    * Fabien De Waele (Pallmans-Colstrop): "I want to do better than last year: win more races and get
    more high placings in the Flemish classics. I am no longer satisfied with, say, a stage in
    Paris-Nice."

    * Frank Vandenbroucke (Lotto-Domo): "I will try and get my share in the classics period, want to
    ride a strong Belgian championship and will thoroughly prepare in the autumn for Worlds. I am
    satisfied when I can get some consistency in my performances."

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    > On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:05:13 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

    > * Peter Van Petegem (Lotto-Domo): "I'll sign now for a season with more than 1000 UCI points. Of
    > course I want to be Ronde Champ again

    Who doesn't?

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  3. On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:05:13 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    >From paper Het Laatste Nieuws, via http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=426&g=0&s=1&r=0&x=1

    Oops, missed the first page..:

    * Johan Museeuw (Quick.Step): Museeuw did not want to comment on that.

    * Peter Van Petegem (Lotto-Domo): "I'll sign now for a season with more than 1000 UCI points. Of
    course I want to be Ronde Champ again [paraphrased, ED]."

    * Jo Planckaert (Cofidis): "Shine from the Omloop [Het Volk] to the Gold Race. I finally want to
    catch a big fish and then I'm off for more."

    * Mario Aerts (Telekom): "I hope to win an Ardennes classic and to ride a good Tour."

    * Marc Wauters (Rabobank): "If I don't have one single big win, then I won't feel bad about that.
    What counts is that I can make the team perform."

    * Ludovic Capelle (Landbouwkrediet): "I think about Dwars door Vlaanderen or Paris-Brussels and to
    make the UCI top 10."

    * Nico Mattan (Cofidis): "I have my eye on a strong classics season. Top 5 in the Ronde and
    Paris-Roubaix, and top 3 in the prologue of Paris-Nice."

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    dammit Ed looks you're far more bored than I am.