Belgian expectations

Ewoud Dronkert

Guest
From paper Het Laatste Nieuws, via http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=427&g=0&s=1&r=0&x=1

* Ludo Dierckxsens (Landbouwkrediet): "I want to be good in April and play my part in the spring
classics."

* Christophe Brandt (Lotto-Domo): "Paris-Nice, Walloon classics, and the Tour: that's the
continuous thread. In the Tour I want to be top 20."

* Niko Eeckhout (Lotto-Domo): "Winning races is my continuing ambition. The Flemish classics are my
main goal."

* Chris Peers (Cofidis): "I want to become the Peers from 2001 again. When that works out, I want
to shoot a main prize, somewhere between Het Volk and the Gold Race."

* Tom Boonen (Quick.Step): "I ask for some patience. I'm only 22 and can steadily mature behind
Bettini, Museeuw or VDB."

* Rik Verbrugghe (Lotto-Domo): "I aim high: podium in the Giro, top 10 in the Tour. The Ardennes
classics have my priority leading up to the Giro."

* Tom Steels (Landbouwkrediet): "I won't name any particular race, but I want to win. My dream: to
beat Cipollini wearing his rainbow jersey."

* Serge Baguet (Lotto-Domo): "Same goal as last year: shine in the classics and win a Tour stage."

* Dave Bruylandts (Marlux): "I want to win some races, be a player in the Ardennes classics, and
end up in the top 5 in some minor tour."

* Axel Merckx (Lotto-Domo): "In LBL I will sacrifice myself for Verbrugghe. Giro or Tour, I've not
decided yet. If I ride the Tour, I want to finish with more reserves than before. I need those
for Worlds."

* Kurt Van de Wouwer (Quick.Step): "I expect a good Tour. I won't commit to some classification or
a stage victory. I take it as it comes."

* Fabien De Waele (Pallmans-Colstrop): "I want to do better than last year: win more races and get
more high placings in the Flemish classics. I am no longer satisfied with, say, a stage in
Paris-Nice."

* Frank Vandenbroucke (Lotto-Domo): "I will try and get my share in the classics period, want to
ride a strong Belgian championship and will thoroughly prepare in the autumn for Worlds. I am
satisfied when I can get some consistency in my performances."

> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:05:13 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> * Peter Van Petegem (Lotto-Domo): "I'll sign now for a season with more than 1000 UCI points. Of
> course I want to be Ronde Champ again

Who doesn't?

Thanks, Ronde Champ

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:05:13 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>From paper Het Laatste Nieuws, via http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=426&g=0&s=1&r=0&x=1

Oops, missed the first page..:

* Johan Museeuw (Quick.Step): Museeuw did not want to comment on that.

* Peter Van Petegem (Lotto-Domo): "I'll sign now for a season with more than 1000 UCI points. Of
course I want to be Ronde Champ again [paraphrased, ED]."

* Jo Planckaert (Cofidis): "Shine from the Omloop [Het Volk] to the Gold Race. I finally want to
catch a big fish and then I'm off for more."

* Mario Aerts (Telekom): "I hope to win an Ardennes classic and to ride a good Tour."

* Marc Wauters (Rabobank): "If I don't have one single big win, then I won't feel bad about that.
What counts is that I can make the team perform."

* Ludovic Capelle (Landbouwkrediet): "I think about Dwars door Vlaanderen or Paris-Brussels and to
make the UCI top 10."

* Nico Mattan (Cofidis): "I have my eye on a strong classics season. Top 5 in the Ronde and
Paris-Roubaix, and top 3 in the prologue of Paris-Nice."