Bell Cyclometer Settings

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bananaman165, Jun 18, 2003.

  1. bananaman165

    bananaman165 Guest

    Hi all. I have an el-chepo Bell cyclometer, but the manual is missing. Can anyone point me to a web
    page that has the stupid wheel diameter settings and proper buttons to press for setup? I have 26 x
    2.10 wheels.

    PS: The www.bellsports.com only talks about their helmets. : (

    Dave

    ---
    I'm only two weeks behind, but that's ok, I have two weeks to go... Wait... Uh oh...
    ---
    Remove the tab before using email
    ---

    Tags:

  2. Bob Taylor

    Bob Taylor Guest

    Have you tried using it as-is? The default setting may be the one you need.

    Bob

    > Hi all. I have an el-chepo Bell cyclometer, but the manual is missing. Can anyone point me to a
    > web page that has the stupid wheel diameter settings and proper buttons to press for setup? I have
    > 26 x 2.10 wheels.
    >
    > PS: The www.bellsports.com only talks about their helmets. : (
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > ---
    > I'm only two weeks behind, but that's ok, I have two weeks to go... Wait... Uh oh...
    > ---
    > Remove the tab before using email
    > ---

  3. Bananaman165

    Bananaman165 Guest

    Yes, I tried - it isn't correct. Unless I was actually going 35 mph up hill without breaking a
    sweat... Heh heh... I think NOT ;) Help on settings anyone???

    In article <[email protected]>, ritaylor1 @mchsi.com says...
    > Have you tried using it as-is? The default setting may be the one you need.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi all. I have an el-chepo Bell cyclometer, but the manual is missing. Can anyone point me to a
    > > web page that has the stupid wheel diameter settings and proper buttons to press for setup? I
    > > have 26 x 2.10 wheels.
    > >
    > > PS: The www.bellsports.com only talks about their helmets. : (

  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Hi all. I have an el-chepo Bell cyclometer, but the manual is missing. Can anyone point me to a
    > web page that has the stupid wheel diameter settings and proper buttons to press for setup? I have
    > 26 x 2.10 wheels.
    >
    > PS: The www.bellsports.com only talks about their helmets. : (
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > ---
    > I'm only two weeks behind, but that's ok, I have two weeks to go... Wait... Uh oh...
    > ---
    > Remove the tab before using email
    > ---
    If it is the same unit as I have: Press and hold left and right buttons for 2 seconds, unit enters
    wheel size input mode. Multiply your wheel diameter by 3.1416 to get wheel factor. Enter the wheel
    factor by pressing the left button to select the digit to be input and the right button to adjust
    the digit. The Bell chart with the cyclometer lists a 26x2 tire as having a wheel factor of 2099.
    Press the left button again and select KM/Mile. The unit forgets the wheel factor when you replace
    the battery.